Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the situation is as follows:

I am in the process of registering with various agencies / departements in France due to the fact that I am 6 months pregnant. For various reasons this has been problematic, and unless someone is constantly chasing these agencies, they don't act upon the information i send them. A classic example is that i registered an arm of my business in France in August and have only just received the details of a TEMPORARY social security number that i can use to be able to book into a hospital to give birth.

Between dealing with the CAF, RSI, CPAN, doctors, hospitals and various other places, I have no time to run my business! So in order to free up my time I am looking for someone with much better French than me to take on these details and see them through to the end.

For example - yesterday I emailed some forms through to RSI (something to do with business registration) and a part of them weren't filled in - I've asked the lady involved to come back to me with details of what i have to fill in and she hasn't come back to me - I know a phone call is going to be needed, then the forms will have to go back to her again, and be chased up.

This is just one of the issues I have. CAF have me registered as pregnant and having a child, but they don';t have all the details they need from me - but no-one can explain to me succinctly what they need from me and how I can get that info for them. And what to do if I don't have it!

So I need someone who can kick some arse, not take no for an answer, find out what i need to do and basically see me through all this stuff.

It's only a few hours work over the month or so, and there might be other stuff too such as 'I have a problem with my gas bill, can you ring them and find X out' - basically things I don't have the time to do and take me 5 times as long because my french isn't great on the phone.

Does that make sense?

What I need is someone who can act quickly and keep immaculate records of who they have spoken to, find out what next steps are, make sure they're taken and basically take over these tasks without me having to chase them all the time.

I did get someone to help but she was way too young to deal with it and got fobbed off a lot, basically getting me no further than I was in the first place.

It needs to be someone I can communicate with by email by the way so I can send files and keep records.

If anyone is interested in this please send me a message here.

Many thanks for reading this far! :ranger:

·
Administrator
51,318 Posts
So I need someone who can kick some arse, not take no for an answer, find out what i need to do and basically see me through all this stuff.

What I need is someone who can act quickly and keep immaculate records of who they have spoken to, find out what next steps are, make sure they're taken and basically take over these tasks without me having to chase them all the time.

I did get someone to help but she was way too young to deal with it and got fobbed off a lot, basically getting me no further than I was in the first place.

It needs to be someone I can communicate with by email by the way so I can send files and keep records.

If anyone is interested in this please send me a message here.
It would help to know where you are located and whether or not you're planning on paying for this kind of help. (If you are, then you may want to post this in the jobs section.)

There is truly an "art" to dealing with the French administration - and it may be difficult to find someone bi-lingual and able (or willing) to enter the lion's den on a regular basis. I've helped out a few newcomers, but by "help" I mean that I'll go with them to the prefecture (or other offices) and do the talking. But they need to come with me - the administration nearly always manages to throw you a curve that will require the person concerned to be handy.

One problem you're running into is that many administrative offices are most effectively dealt with in person. They often don't respond to e-mail (though this is starting to change), and you can't always trust information you're given over the phone. Anyhow, if you're willing to go along with this person to try and get your various administrative issues resolved, you may find things go a bit quicker.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oops sorry, didn't realise there was a jobs section - and yes I'm definitely happy to pay someone to do this - I meant to say that in the original post! I'm in St Omer, but most of this can be done on the telephone, anything needing meetings or face to face I can deal with - it's on the phone I struggle!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying

In the end we got most of it sorted, but when we review in the New Year I may be in touch!

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.