Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...i'm a new bee here....

currently, i'm standing at 65 points and i'm in the process of getting ACS assessment done for additional 5 more points (partner skills)....

question:
1) is it a good idea to submit the EOI now and then get the ACS done for wife's skills, and then after update the EOI with partner skills....or....wait for wife's ACS (may be a week, because that is the time they took for min) as the soft engg cap already reached for 2014 - 2015??

2) what are my chances if i'm standing at 70 for 2015-2016 (starts from Jul)?

appreciate the early response.

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, I think you are good with 65 points. As for SE the ceiling is already over, its better you dont spend extra bucks on your partner's ACS. You could lodge ur EOI and wait until July '15.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
At 70 I see a very good chance that you wil be invited in July 1st or 2nd round itself.

See if you submit your EOI now with 65 points. And later update your EOI with 70 points say a week later it will make you EOI date of effect to that date itself.
means whenever any update in EOI results in points change it will change your date of EOI.
So if you submit today with 65 points and update on 15th with 70 points or you submit on 15th with 70 points will not make a difference.
So I suggest you submit your EOI now with 65 points. So in any case even if your wifes ACS result is not positive you still are ahead in the queue from people who submit with same points after you.

Hello all...i'm a new bee here....

currently, i'm standing at 65 points and i'm in the process of getting ACS assessment done for additional 5 more points (partner skills)....

question:
1) is it a good idea to submit the EOI now and then get the ACS done for wife's skills, and then after update the EOI with partner skills....or....wait for wife's ACS (may be a week, because that is the time they took for min) as the soft engg cap already reached for 2014 - 2015??

2) what are my chances if i'm standing at 70 for 2015-2016 (starts from Jul)?

appreciate the early response.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts