Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

First if all I'm thai and definitely not expat but I registered to this forum in order to build connections. I'm working in British bank on finance side and would love to move overseas.

Any suggestion?

Cheers!
Poy

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi there!

First if all I'm thai and definitely not expat but I registered to this forum in order to build connections. I'm working in British bank on finance side and would love to move overseas.

Any suggestion?

Cheers!
Poy
Potchanalak: Welcome.

You are in a similar, although somewhat reversed, dilemma that many falang subscribing to this forum, are in. You desire to work as an expatriate. Your approach should be similar.

Falangs who work in Thailand usually, not always but usually, are employed by a company based in their home countries. So your greatest chance of success would be to receive an expatriate assignment with a Thai company.

Your written English is good. I assume your spoken English and pronunciation are of the same level. This is the most important selling point you need to bring to the attention of a potential employer. The first thing I would do is to compile a resume (CV), in both Thai and English. I would be contacting Thai companies that have out-of-country offices that service falangs. Airlines, vacation/tour companies, hotels, import/export, diplomatic, legal, and of course, banking (financial).

You need to develop and emphasis a skill set based on your ability to be an ambassador for the company. Investigate Thai companies in the above mentioned businesses and present yourself as a true asset for your targeted company(s).

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for your very good suggestion. I'm now already working in multi-national bank who always have overseas vacancies for all staff to apply. However, most of vacancies are in Europe. I'm now looking for somewhere nearby first before I jump in too far.

I will looking for other opportunities as well.

I just want to have more and more connections work-wise and life-wise. It's great to get to know more people, as I'm sure you're already aware.

/SNIP/
Cheers!

ps I can't reply my thread. Don't know why. I'm a rookie on this forum. Any tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Administrator
36,715 Posts
Thank you for your very good suggestion. I'm now already working in multi-national bank who always have overseas vacancies for all staff to apply. However, most of vacancies are in Europe. I'm now looking for somewhere nearby first before I jump in too far.

I will looking for other opportunities as well.

I just want to have more and more connections work-wise and life-wise. It's great to get to know more people, as I'm sure you're already aware.

/SNIP/
Cheers!

ps I can't reply my thread. Don't know why. I'm a rookie on this forum. Any tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum
you have replied to your thread (again)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts