Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I am new to this portal. I have a small doubt, I am requesting you could you kindly clarify my doubt.
I have been working as a software engineer in Australia since Jan 2011. It means I am going to complete 3 years in Australia.
I would like to apply for PR in Australia. At present I have 50 points in my hand. i.e for My age 30, for my qualification 15, for my work experience in my home country 5 (worked 3 years in my country). So I need 10 more points to qualify points test. If I will get 7 in each band in IELTS 10 more points I can get, but I am very poor in English, I got overall 6 band in my recent attempt with speaking 5 band. It's very difficult to get 7 band in speaking for me. I heard that if I have the 3 years work experience in Australia I can get 10 points. If it is correct by the end of this year I am able to get 10 points for my work experience in Australia. So all together my points will be 60 by end of Jan 14 and I can apply for PR after 2014 Jan.

Could you please clarify am I able to get 10 points for my 3 years Aus work experience and also could you please clarify am I able to apply for PR after 2014 January.

Thank you very much for your help..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes you can! After jan 2014 you can claim 10pts for your employment in Australia. However rite now you still can claim 5 pts for one year employment in Australia that makes 55 and then u can apply for 190 wherein the state can sponsor you and u get 5 pts! check the official immigration website ( i cant post it here ) All the best!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Friends,

I am new to this portal. I have a small doubt, I am requesting you could you kindly clarify my doubt.
I have been working as a software engineer in Australia since Jan 2011. It means I am going to complete 3 years in Australia.
I would like to apply for PR in Australia. At present I have 50 points in my hand. i.e for My age 30, for my qualification 15, for my work experience in my home country 5 (worked 3 years in my country). So I need 10 more points to qualify points test. If I will get 7 in each band in IELTS 10 more points I can get, but I am very poor in English, I got overall 6 band in my recent attempt with speaking 5 band. It's very difficult to get 7 band in speaking for me. I heard that if I have the 3 years work experience in Australia I can get 10 points. If it is correct by the end of this year I am able to get 10 points for my work experience in Australia. So all together my points will be 60 by end of Jan 14 and I can apply for PR after 2014 Jan.

Could you please clarify am I able to get 10 points for my 3 years Aus work experience and also could you please clarify am I able to apply for PR after 2014 January.

Thank you very much for your help..
Mate,No matter how many points you get,you need to score a min of 6 in each to qualify for 189/190.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes thats true. Sorry that slipped my mind. Thanks srikar!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts