Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Can someone enlighten me on the below competency element of professional engineer?

PE1.1 Comprehensive, theory based understanding of
the underpinning natural and physical sciences and the
engineering fundamentals applicable to the engineering
discipline.

Explanation: Engages with the engineering discipline at a
phenomenological level, applying sciences and
engineering fundamentals to systematic investigation,
interpretation, analysis and innovative solution
of complex problems and broader aspects of
engineering practice.

How to explain this one? Is it sufficient to say that I have applied basics of engineering in several positions? Or do I have to explain how I applied basics of engineering in detail ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its about your education. Describe wich related subjects you had in your institution, like physics, mathematics etc and give example how you are using it on your work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its about your education. Describe wich related subjects you had in your institution, like physics, mathematics etc and give example how you are using it on your work.
Hi, I am writing all my CDRs based on my working projects. In that case how can I prepare PE 1.1?

·
Registered
321 Posts
CDR is not only about work. Read the question - "theory-based". So tell them which theory knowledge you have and how apply them in work.
You should show that you have strong theory base + work experience.
Whole first part of summary statement is about your theory knowledge and how you apply it in differenr aspects of your work.
Example: knowledge of such engineering disciplines as...(for civil eng that could be structural analysis, design of structure, civil engineering etc. Refer to your academic transcripts) which allows to complete following tasks...(for civil eng tgat could be designing retaining wall. You give exapmle from your experience)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts