Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Me and my partner both have 55 points each and have done the Skills Assessment and IELTS. We want to apply for 189. I want to claim another 5 points from my partner. which makes 60 points.

We both want to work in Australia and get a valid PR

My question is:-
1) Do we have to apply separate EOI ?:confused:
2) What is the recommended procedure here. Please explain ?:noidea:
3) Can we apply for a combine EOI where I become the Primary & she became the secondary. Will that allow both of us to work there in our respective fields.:eyebrows:

Awaiting Replies, thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
1) Just one EOI. Either of you can become the primary applicant and claim 5 points for the secondary applicant.

2) If it was a few months ago, I would have recommended to check whose profession has more ceiling value and thus higher chances of getting an invite in the current FY itself. But, since it will most probably be July (new FY) when you can expect an invite, and when all occupation ceilings will be reset, there isn't really any other special recommendation. But do keep an eye on news/ policy changes for the upcoming year so that in case if the primary applicants occupation/ PR prospects are more negatively affected than the secondary ones, you can quickly withdraw the PR and file a new one with the other (whose occupation has more favourable chances) partner as primary.

3). Yes, "combined EOI" as you said is indeed the way to go ahead. Yes, both of you can live and work- in your respective fields or any other profession.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keeda for the valuable information.

Will go ahead and do the combined EOI as you suggested.

The ANZSCO code for both of us is 2613. What do you think are the chances from this July for score 60 ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Few more questions i have for the EOI:-

1) While applying for he EOI, there is a question "Do you want to include a family member in your future application", in our case, since I am filing a joint application should it be Yes and 1 member for my spouse?

2) what is the impact on the visa application fees, in case of a combined application.

3) I have recently got married, so both our passports have our marital status as "Single", even though our names remain unchanged. We will be submitting our Marriage certificate though. Could this be an issue?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
We will have to wait until July to know about not just this, but all occupations and any other changes in the immigration programme.

However, with just 60 points, I reckon, you already have quite some applicants from 2613 pool ahead of you and some with more points than you (i.e. 60+) who will be considered first. So, expect a delay in receiving the invite. My guess is that sometime by the end of August or beginning of September you should expect an invite.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Few more questions i have for the EOI:-

1) While applying for he EOI, there is a question "Do you want to include a family member in your future application", in our case, since I am filing a joint application should it be Yes and 1 member for my spouse?

2) what is the impact on the visa application fees, in case of a combined application.

3) I have recently got married, so both our passports have our marital status as "Single", even though our names remain unchanged. We will be submitting our Marriage certificate though. Could this be an issue?
1. I forgot, but from what I remember, there is one question preceding this one- specifically for the spouse, and this one is specifically for any other dependent family member(s) (like children/ parent)... I am not sure though... so please check one question previous to this one... something like "will the client be accompanied by his partner in a future application". But, either ways, make sure that somewhere or the other, you do mention the intention of adding your partner in the visa application.

2. Estimate your visa fees here: https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Pricing-Estimator.aspx

3. No problems. DIBP does not care about the name change after marriage. From what I know, Indian passports do not carry a marital status thing. Just spouse name. DIBP does not care about this too. However, when you approach the Indian PSK for your PCC, you both might be asked to get new passports with each others names endorsed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for suggestion. It helps :).

We have submitted the combined EOI and working for improving the score.
Lets see what will happen

1. I forgot, but from what I remember, there is one question preceding this one- specifically for the spouse, and this one is specifically for any other dependent family member(s) (like children/ parent)... I am not sure though... so please check one question previous to this one... something like "will the client be accompanied by his partner in a future application". But, either ways, make sure that somewhere or the other, you do mention the intention of adding your partner in the visa application.

2. Estimate your visa fees here: https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Pricing-Estimator.aspx

3. No problems. DIBP does not care about the name change after marriage. From what I know, Indian passports do not carry a marital status thing. Just spouse name. DIBP does not care about this too. However, when you approach the Indian PSK for your PCC, you both might be asked to get new passports with each others names endorsed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts