Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I am a novice applicant to apply PR Visa for Australia, I have questions like

Work Experience:3.8 Years of Exp - ANZSCO code : 262111 (Database Administrator)
Educational Qualification : Bachelors in Electronics and Communication.

1) Is it good to apply PR Visa without consultancy/MARA agents?
2) I am a database administrator having 3.8 years of exp working in India, I got 60 Points while evaluating by consultancy in category of Skilled worker point based system of Subclass 189/190. Is it good to apply VISA now or I should apply 6 months or 1year later?
3) Which is best to take IELTS or PTE exam?
4) Will ACS reject my application if i have less than 4 years of experience?
5) How will be the life for Database Administrator in Australia?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello Folks,

I am a novice applicant to apply PR Visa for Australia, I have questions like

Work Experience:3.8 Years of Exp - ANZSCO code : 262111 (Database Administrator)
Educational Qualification : Bachelors in Electronics and Communication.

1) Is it good to apply PR Visa without consultancy/MARA agents?
2) I am a database administrator having 3.8 years of exp working in India, I got 60 Points while evaluating by consultancy in category of Skilled worker point based system of Subclass 189/190. Is it good to apply VISA now or I should apply 6 months or 1year later?
3) Which is best to take IELTS or PTE exam?
4) Will ACS reject my application if i have less than 4 years of experience?
5) How will be the life for Database Administrator in Australia?
1. Yes. If you have time then you can do all yourselfs. Ask in this forum for queries
2. Usually ACS deducts some exp. It can be 2 yrs if you education is closely related to your current occupation. Consider this while calculating points
3. People are able to score properly in PTE as compared to IELTS but thats not a rule of thumb. Just an observation
4. They won't
5. No idea. Normal i guess if they are able to secure a job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes. If you have time then you can do all yourselfs. Ask in this forum for queries
2. Usually ACS deducts some exp. It can be 2 yrs if you education is closely related to your current occupation. Consider this while calculating points
3. People are able to score properly in PTE as compared to IELTS but thats not a rule of thumb. Just an observation
4. They won't
5. No idea. Normal i guess if they are able to secure a job.
Thank for your answers! @Sharma1981 it's really appreciated

I have completed my Bachelors in Electronics but i am working in Software Industry i.e. as a Database administrator, I have no gaps in education as well as in work experience.

Bachelors full time degree 4 years (16 Years of Education no gaps)
Work Full time 3.8 years

1st Company : Nov - 13 to Jun - 15 and have a gap of 1 week joining the second company
2nd Company : July 2016 to Apr 2016 have a gap of 10 days joining the third company
3rd Company : May 2016 to till date

How many years of experience will ACS consider from above detials approximately.

Will it be hard to get a Visa if I get low assessment score from ACS.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thank for your answers! @Sharma1981 it's really appreciated

I have completed my Bachelors in Electronics but i am working in Software Industry i.e. as a Database administrator, I have no gaps in education as well as in work experience.

Bachelors full time degree 4 years (16 Years of Education no gaps)
Work Full time 3.8 years

1st Company : Nov - 13 to Jun - 15 and have a gap of 1 week joining the second company
2nd Company : July 2016 to Apr 2016 have a gap of 10 days joining the third company
3rd Company : May 2016 to till date

How many years of experience will ACS consider from above detials approximately.

Will it be hard to get a Visa if I get low assessment score from ACS.
Are you able to reach 65 points without considering exp points as your total exp looks less?

ACS might attempt to deduct 4 yrs from your exp. So you can wait for 4 yrs to complete.

Meanwhile try attempting PTE and target 79+ score in all modules.

Age - 30
PTE - 20
Degree - 15 (??) - Just research that you want to go with EA OR ACS as assessing authority.

In present scenario 65 is minimum which you should target for. 60 points makes you eligible but try reaching atleast 65 score

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If ACS deducts my experience of 4 Years and what if still i get 65 points by Age + PTE/IELTS +Degree : 30+ 20 + 15 = 65, Will i be eligible to apply or get Job in Australia with my 3+ years of overseas exp or I need to apply for fresher jobs.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
If ACS deducts my experience of 4 Years and what if still i get 65 points by Age + PTE/IELTS +Degree : 30+ 20 + 15 = 65, Will i be eligible to apply or get Job in Australia with my 3+ years of overseas exp or I need to apply for fresher jobs.
Applying jobs has nothing to do with your points. Once you get PR you can apply for anything which suits you.

Also, check VISA 190 which is state sponsored and gives you additional 5 points

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Applying jobs has nothing to do with your points. Once you get PR you can apply for anything which suits you.

Thanks for your patience for answering my questions, your answers are demystified to understand.

I will wait for my 4 years of experience to get completed and then i will apply for ACS

To apply for ACS I am bit confused of document checklist could you please correct me.

A) Educational Documents (Transcripts of Each sem and CMM, Original degree, Provisional)
B) Letter head of each company

1) Do i need to notarize any documents of my previous experience from previous employers.
2) As i am working in a company now how can i submit Start date and ToDate while applying to ACS?
3) Apart from this do i need to submit any additional documents online or send to DIBP/ACS in courier?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Under SubClass 190 will i be charged extra for applying nomination by province/territory to obtain 5 additional points.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for your patience for answering my questions, your answers are demystified to understand.

I will wait for my 4 years of experience to get completed and then i will apply for ACS

To apply for ACS I am bit confused of document checklist could you please correct me.

A) Educational Documents (Transcripts of Each sem and CMM, Original degree, Provisional)
B) Letter head of each company

1) Do i need to notarize any documents of my previous experience from previous employers.
2) As i am working in a company now how can i submit Start date and ToDate while applying to ACS?
3) Apart from this do i need to submit any additional documents online or send to DIBP/ACS in courier?
1. Here is the checklist

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Application-Checklist.pdf

2. Yes . Notarize copies are required for ACS

3. All ACS submission is possible via online account at https://www.acs.org.au/

Also, to understand the assessment process go thru below link

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Summary of Criteria - 2017.pdf

Browse thru the url https://www.acs.org.au/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Also, check VISA 190 which is state sponsored and gives you additional 5 points.

Thanks i will go through the links which you have provided.

Under SubClass 190 will i be charged extra for applying nomination by province/territory to obtain 5 additional points.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks i will go through the links which you have provided.

I don't think there is any extra charge. But i heard that post invite you need to declare some funds which may/may not be validated. More info in thread for 190

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think there is any extra charge. But i heard that post invite you need to declare some funds which may/may not be validated. More info in thread for 190
Thank you i got i will find it on tag subclass 190

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@sharma1981 I need one suggestion,

Is it a good time for me to apply PR, if i get only 60 points under subclass 189/190, without my work experience i.e. 0 points as my education is not relevant to work experience. If i am considering Age + Education + Work + IELTS/PTE + nomination = 30+15+0+10+5 = 60.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
@sharma1981 I need one suggestion,

Is it a good time for me to apply PR, if i get only 60 points under subclass 189/190, without my work experience i.e. 0 points as my education is not relevant to work experience. If i am considering Age + Education + Work + IELTS/PTE + nomination = 30+15+0+10+5 = 60.
Prepare Hard for PTE. Target 79+ across all sections.

This will atleast get you ready for future as well. Your PTE score will stay valid for 3 years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Prepare Hard for PTE. Target 79+ across all sections.

This will atleast get you ready for future as well. Your PTE score will stay valid for 3 years.
Does it mean like it is hard to get a VISA with 60 points only, if we are eligible also do we need to worry like applying Canada where we need to wait in the queue to get ITA although we are in the pool regardless the points earned.

So it would be tough if i have only 60 points so i need atleast 70+ to have guaranteed VISA within 6-12 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts