Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I had planned to immigrate to Australia but am stuck up with some problem. I request members to guide me.
I am from India and have a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science. I got my profile evaluated from DIAC. I gave IELTS recently and secured 8.5 in listening and reading, 8 in writing but 7 in speaking. I was told that I would not be able to apply for PR and to opt for State sponsorship.

I am checking the details online to see that most state sponsorship have their cut off dates over except NSW. Kindly pls let me know the procedure for State Sponshorship. When does the new policy come into picture?(I would like to apply before that). What should be my further plan of action?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi All,
I had planned to immigrate to Australia but am stuck up with some problem. I request members to guide me.
I am from India and have a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science. I got my profile evaluated from DIAC. I gave IELTS recently and secured 8.5 in listening and reading, 8 in writing but 7 in speaking. I was told that I would not be able to apply for PR and to opt for State sponsorship.

I am checking the details online to see that most state sponsorship have their cut off dates over except NSW. Kindly pls let me know the procedure for State Sponshorship. When does the new policy come into picture?(I would like to apply before that). What should be my further plan of action?
Thanks in advance.
You have not mentioned your years of experience. Evaluated by DIAC ???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Following is the from the pdf sent by DIAC:

"
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code, being the skilled occupation indicated that you intend to nominate for migration purposes.
"

Years of exp taken is 3 yrs and 5 months.

You have not mentioned your years of experience. Evaluated by DIAC ???

·
Registered
149 Posts
ok .. you mean to say ACS - Australian Computer Society has assessed you right ?

Ok .. so you are short of 5 points , but I see that since you are nominated for Software Engineer .. you can apply at NSW..

NSW was taking a bit of lesser time , like max two weeks or so. Also once you have the state sponsorship before the rules get changed in JULY , you still have a guaranteed call from DIAC.

So I would suggest that .. you go ahead with the NSW sponsorship .. In that way you can secure a visa and not get much affected by rule change.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok .. you mean to say ACS - Australian Computer Society has assessed you right ?

Ok .. so you are short of 5 points , but I see that since you are nominated for Software Engineer .. you can apply at NSW..

NSW was taking a bit of lesser time , like max two weeks or so. Also once you have the state sponsorship before the rules get changed in JULY , you still have a guaranteed call from DIAC.

So I would suggest that .. you go ahead with the NSW sponsorship .. In that way you can secure a visa and not get much affected by rule change.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, ACS assesses it. How's NSW as a place to Immigrate? What are the chnaces of getting a job for me? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, ACS assesses it. How's NSW as a place to Immigrate? What are the chnaces of getting a job for me? Thanks in advance
All Australian Cities are quite similar .. now thats what I have understood from the various resources.

though Sydney (NSW) appears to be more costlier than Melbourne (VIC) , but I have heard that the opportunities and the salaries are also proportional.

Also , this living in a particular state constraint is for two years and later you are free to move to any part of Australia.
but that's what you give back to the state which is awarding you with 5 points :)

Think about it...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All Australian Cities are quite similar .. now thats what I have understood from the various resources.

though Sydney (NSW) appears to be more costlier than Melbourne (VIC) , but I have heard that the opportunities and the salaries are also proportional.

Also , this living in a particular state constraint is for two years and later you are free to move to any part of Australia.
but that's what you give back to the state which is awarding you with 5 points :)

Think about it...
True. I will apply for NSW as the time taken in less. Is it possible to apply for jobs when in India itself? Searching a job is always difficult hence asking and I do not have any references or relatives in Australia.

Also, Where can I get details on NSW? What about other states, Is the cut-off dates over?

Any other advise will be helpful. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
True. I will apply for NSW as the time taken in less. Is it possible to apply for jobs when in India itself? Searching a job is always difficult hence asking and I do not have any references or relatives in Australia.

Also, Where can I get details on NSW? What about other states, Is the cut-off dates over?

Any other advise will be helpful. Thank you!!!
Searching for the jobs is the biggest hurdle in this entire mission to move.... Now it is difficult.. I understand ..but not impossible.. many forum members have got one from overseas itself... You can do couple of things like setup an Australian number (virtual) get the calls forwarded to your indian number etc.

I am also in the same boat as you are ... no relatives or good friends in Australia... I have decided to worry about that when it comes.

Also , IT jobs are more or less concentrated over NSW or VIC ... you can check the openings for your skill set at seek.com ( just to get an idea)

For NSW visit : - Skilled sponsored migration - NSW Trade & Investment: Business in NSW

The fee for the same is 300 AUD.

Not sure , if other states have their programs open....(can check with each state website)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. BTW when are you moving?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thank you. BTW when are you moving?
No idea... I have only applied for 176 VISA... hopefully woud get a CO soon ... Keeping fingers crossed...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. WIshing you d best :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
thanks..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.