Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Do I need an immigration agent to put my application in for Indef leave to remain?
Judging by the threads here it looks like lots of people put in their own applications? I called an agent today and was told it would cost me an additional £800-1000 for them to act for me. I hinted that I just wanted to ask a couple questions and that I would probably do the application myself. I was told "Whether you use us, or go to another agent, I recommend you definitely use an agent for a successful application" She said that if I missed one piece of evidence I would just get a refusal, and I wouldn't even be told which piece of paper was missing. Surely this isnt correct?!
As an intelligent, English speaking adult with a fairly straight forward case, surely I could do it myself. Whether I have the energy for it is another thing, but it would still be up to me to gather all my bits of paper together, so I don't see the advantage of shelling out yet more money.
Any comments welcome.

·
Registered
38,989 Posts
1000s of people through this forum have successfully applied, so you should be quite capable of putting in an application. Just follow the guidance on UKBA site carefully, and ask any questions here for free advice!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Whether I have the energy for it is another thing, but it would still be up to me to gather all my bits of paper together, so I don't see the advantage of shelling out yet more money.
Any comments welcome.
Exactly that! Yes, you'd still have to do all the hard part, except you would be £1000 poorer while doing it.

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.