Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone there,

I have a doubt regarding something. I m having a degree in electronics and communication. But, i m currently working in a mechanical company as a Production Planning and control engineer. Can i apply for Australia permanent immigration under 189. Kindly help me.

We also have a maintenance departmemt in our factory as they are looking after electronics fault in machines will getting an experience letter from that department works?

Awaiting a postivi response..

Thanks

·
Registered
23,941 Posts
Hello everyone there,

I have a doubt regarding something. I m having a degree in electronics and communication. But, i m currently working in a mechanical company as a Production Planning and control engineer. Can i apply for Australia permanent immigration under 189. Kindly help me.

We also have a maintenance departmemt in our factory as they are looking after electronics fault in machines will getting an experience letter from that department works?

Thanks
How much is your overall experience
Which ANZSCO code suits your job profile the most ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23,941 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello everyone there,

Thanks
Hi Jaspreet
I would suggest getting an experience letter from the electronics department mentioning your various job roles. This way you would be able to claim the points for experience depending upon the number of years of experience you have. You won't get points for your work experience if it is not related to the occupation you are nominating from the SOL. You'll get points for electronics engineering degree if you get it assessed.
Build up minimum 60 points (read more than 60) and apply for 189.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
5years 6 month
So, if you can manage to show your experience with job roles relating to electronics, you would be able to get 10 points for your work experience and 15 points for your bachelors degree.

·
Registered
23,941 Posts
So, if you can manage to show your experience with job roles relating to electronics, you would be able to get 10 points for your work experience and 15 points for your bachelors degree.
You have forgotten to take into account that at least 4 years will be deducted from experience towards AQF if not more

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes i can do it but the fact is My consultant is MARA registered she says it can be done as per your actual experience

·
Registered
157 Posts
You have forgotten to take into account that at least 4 years will be deducted from experience towards AQF if not more

Cheers
Oh, Sorry!
I didn't consider AQF but it is not mandatory right? Deduction of work experience years takes place in some of the cases.

·
Registered
23,941 Posts
Sorry, I did not get that
When you will submit your application, the assessor will deduct a portion of the experience towards Australia Qualification framework AQF as most Indian college degrees do not match the complete requirements of the Australian degree

To make up for the same, they deduct a portion of the experience presumably that you have learnt the same on the job

I am explaining this as a layman to a layman.
I have never been personally understood on what basis the deductions are done.

For most applicants who have very high ICT content 2 years is deducted and for others 4 years are deducted .
This is also to compensate if you are doing a job not totally as per your education

So you should assume that 4 years of your experience would be deducted by ACS and calculate your points accordingly
If they deduct less or not at all, it's a bonus

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts