Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got an ITA from SA for 489 visa and this ITA will expire on Dec 12 but last Friday I got the pre-invitation from NSW for 190 visa. I have submitted my application to the NSW yesterday and I have to wait for the results within 12 weeks.

Since 190 is better than 489 so I'll try my luck to wait for it but I'm not yet sure when I will get the positive result from NSW. What I'm thinking right now..

SA 489 (expires on Dec 12)

I will wait until Dec 1 and if I won't get any results from NSW, I will submit my SA 489 application.

Questions:

A. What do you guys suggest, should I prepare my medical exam before application before 489 visa lodging?

B. In case, I will NOT take the medical exam and lodge the 489 application. I still have 11 days left of my 60 days ITA allocated time, is the CO's medical request is part of the calculation of the 60 days? let's say on the December 1 I lodged my application and the CO ask for the medical exam on Dec 2. Do I have to finish the medical exam before Dec 12?

C. If I will take medical earlier using the 489, can I use it for the 190 visa application?

I hope someone can help and advice me on this situation.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
A. Now would be too early. Do the medicals not more than a week before paying for the visa (it could be any visa that you end up applying for- 489 or 190).

B. CO (who requests you for medicals) does not come into picture before paying for the visa. So, no- the 60 days that you get after ITA does not count towards CO allocation, and no, it should not be a case that you apply for the visa on 01 Dec and CO comes around asking for medicals immediately on the next day on 02 Dec because as per current trends from immitracker, CO allocation is happening in 3 to 4 weeks.

C. Yes, you can.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A. Now would be too early. Do the medicals not more than a week before paying for the visa (it could be any visa that you end up applying for- 489 or 190).

B. CO (who requests you for medicals) does not come into picture before paying for the visa. So, no- the 60 days that you get after ITA does not count towards CO allocation, and no, it should not be a case that you apply for the visa on 01 Dec and CO comes around asking for medicals immediately on the next day on 02 Dec because as per current trends from immitracker, CO allocation is happening in 3 to 4 weeks.

C. Yes, you can.
Ah ok. Thanks for the answers! I really appreciate it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts