Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I lodged my application for 189, 190 visa on 27th January 2017 for Systems Analyst (ANZSCO Code: 261112). My 189 score is 60 and 190 is 60+5 for NSW.

It's been almost 07 months i haven't heard from anyone from Australia. Can anyone advise me should i contact DIBP for inquiry about my application. Will they respond? Do i really stand a chance. What is the way to contact them is there any email id?

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Dear Friends,

I lodged my application for 189, 190 visa on 27th January 2017 for Systems Analyst (ANZSCO Code: 261112). My 189 score is 60 and 190 is 60+5 for NSW.

It's been almost 07 months i haven't heard from anyone from Australia. Can anyone advise me should i contact DIBP for inquiry about my application. Will they respond? Do i really stand a chance. What is the way to contact them is there any email id?
You cannot contact anyone for your EOI application.
You will be just wasting your time.

You also should not expect any reply for your EOI application as there is no provision for the same.

You will be sent an invite under 189 when and if your points become eligible for the same
Under 190 it cannot be predicted because the states do not follow any fixed pattern or timeline
If they like your application, they will send you a preinvite.

Cheers

·
Registered
643 Posts
I submitted my EOI and still waiting for a response on it.
Unfortunately your wait will be long unless you improve your score.
There is exceptionally long wait for 60 - 65 pointers at the moment which will of course be frustrating.

While you wait, I would suggest you to take measures to add another 10 points to your score through better English score, work experience, etc

All the Best :thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dear Friends,

To be helping you with the reality, I would suggest improve your score with anyways possible or apply for state sponsorship. With 60 pts, it's next to impossible to get an invite under 189 for System Analyst category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am already claiming maximum experience points over 8 years so there is no room for it. Degree is taken as equivalent to diploma so it cant be improved.

I am only left with ILETS to cross 8 Each than i think i can improve my points or go for 489

Unfortunately your wait will be long unless you improve your score.
There is exceptionally long wait for 60 - 65 pointers at the moment which will of course be frustrating.

While you wait, I would suggest you to take measures to add another 10 points to your score through better English score, work experience, etc

All the Best :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be helping you with the reality, I would suggest improve your score with anyways possible or apply for state sponsorship. With 60 pts, it's next to impossible to get an invite under 189 for System Analyst category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have already lodged both EOIs, Federal 189 @ 60 and State 190 for NSW @ 60+5.

As i told another person earlier i can only improve points for ILETs by getting 8 each otherwise no other room for me.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I am already claiming maximum experience points over 8 years so there is no room for it. Degree is taken as equivalent to diploma so it cant be improved.

I am only left with ILETS to cross 8 Each than i think i can improve my points or go for 489
Try PTE instead of IELTS. Easier to score higher in that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Unfortunately PTE is not available in Pakistan

Do you guys have any idea which IT Professional ceilling has less in-flow if i change my skills set and anzocode from system analyst to something else.

Changing skill set will not help because all ICT skills have similar Points requirement and demand. Its just not enough to have 60 points for 189. Atleast in the last 1 year I haven't seen any 60 pointers being invited.

For 190 as well, the state invites the top pointers first. There are just too many people in the queue at the moment above 60 points waiting for that.

The best option for you is to get the full 20 in English. That can earn you an invite within a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.