Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I moved to UK last year in February. I got a job in Aug-12 and applied for spouse visa in Mar-13. It was refused on the grounds that I could not give a six months bank statement corresponding to the wage slips given from August till Feb. The reason I couldn't do this was because I was initially living with my sister and didn't have a tenancy agreement or bills in my name as required by the banks to open a new account. My account was opened in October and the statement provided were from October onward and hence my spouse visa wasn't approved in the ECM review. Although this fact was clearly stated while applying for the visa initially and also while making an appeal. I have gotten a hearing date now. I wanted to know that as in the refusal letter the only reason is the lack of six months statement and all the other criteria is met with, do I stand a chance to win my appeal or not or should I reapply the case.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Are you being professionally advised? If so, direct all questions to them, not here.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Personally, I don't see how you can appeal. At the very least you should have a letter from applying for national insurance card/registering with a GP?

I don't think not having a bank account will be a valid reason for revising the decision; 6 months statements are essential.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.