Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have been a member of this site for some time now but this is my first post!:clap2:

After returning form Sydney last week and having spent several family holidays over there with my brother who lives there, we have decided that it's where we want to be.:)

I am 31 years old and have been a dental nurse for the last ten years. My husband is 34 and is a telephone engineer. After having a look at the SOL I am unsure as to wether or not my husband would be classfied as a communications lines person?? Cant seem to find an exact job description for this role and am worried that before we start putting him forward for a skills test which = money!! I just want to make sure that its the best way for us to get in?? There is so much to think about and I am getting a bit bamboozled over it all.:confused:
I would just like to get the wheel's in motion before our children get too much older!

I would really appreciate any advice over this, and wether or not you think it maybe a good idea for us to use an agent to help us? (Any reccomendations would be fab)

Hope to hear from you soon, Loubie & Family

·
Registered
57 Posts
A telephone engineer maybe a little commercial twist on the technical name of his profession, to find him on the MODL or CSL, you should know what his qualifications are called technically, and I assume that he might be a communications engineer or electronics engineer?
just check that with him and then you will find it on the skill list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Will double check details with him. Will keep posting to let you know how we get on.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you search for job itself you can see your occupation given as
IT & Telecommunication.

Actually you belongs to Electronics Engg:
.......................................................................................................................
TRA Positive September 2007
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help all. Finally after scrolling the list over and over I have found my husband's job on the list (General Communications tradesperson)!!! Hooray, that was the easy part. Now just have to try and persuede my ex that it will be a fantastic oppurtunity to take our daughter to Australia!!!

Unfortunatley dental nurse is not on the list but am hoping to continue this work if and when we make it down under!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the help all. Finally after scrolling the list over and over I have found my husband's job on the list (General Communications tradesperson)!!! Hooray, that was the easy part. Now just have to try and persuede my ex that it will be a fantastic oppurtunity to take our daughter to Australia!!!

Unfortunatley dental nurse is not on the list but am hoping to continue this work if and when we make it down under!!
Same as me, i have the convincing to do as well!
you only have to look at uk weather to convince me lol:eek:
theres a relocation prgramme on tonight on 4 i think about familys moving down under.... could help? also, bbc1 weekday mornings at 10am shows wanted down under.... i find them most informative:D!

take care claire:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that was easier than I expected. He said yes!!!!!!!! It's such fantastic news and we are all so excited. Now we can finally have a go at making our dreams come true.

Our next step is to find an agent? Just wondered if anyone could reccomend someone that they have used? I have filled out so many inquiries on the internet and a lot of them phone us every five minutes to try and make us sign up today for the best deal!!!! Yeah right, this is a big decision for all of us and I dont want to be rushed into anything.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated.

Louisa

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A miracle

Same as me, i have the convincing to do as well!
you only have to look at uk weather to convince me lol:eek:
theres a relocation prgramme on tonight on 4 i think about familys moving down under.... could help? also, bbc1 weekday mornings at 10am shows wanted down under.... i find them most informative:D!

take care claire:)
Well to my amazement the most selfish man in the world said yes!!!!!!:clap2:There is hope for all of us!
I hope you dont have too much trouble, fingers crossed for you.
With all the programs on the tv recently it makes me want to be there now! But still have so much to do before it becomes a reality for us.
Keep in touch & good luck,

Louisa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts