Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need advice on what to do?

I have been living in UK since 2002. I am Non EEA family member of an EEA National.

My situation is bit complex.

My dad worked from (far as the papers go):
From and including: September 6, 1998
To and including: January 21, 2003

Which is around: 4 years, 4 months

However, he did work from 1995 to September 6, 1998. However, the employer never gave Payslips or P60's for that period.

However, after 2003 he has been not working, since he has diabetes. Therefore, he hasn't exercised his treaty rights fully.

Now, my visa expires in 2014. So now what can I do?
Do I go and apply the EEA Route and write letter saying what has happened.
Or do I apply for 10 year long residence route? I have been here in the UK for more than 11 years legally.

Regards,
Vrutin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am 21 Years old, I am living at home and I am on my placement year of degree.

Regards,
Vrutin

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Being disabled and permanently unable to work is another form of exercising treaty rights, but you will need some proofs of this, such as medical certificate, receipt of disability-related benefit etc. Also, being 21, you need to show that you are still financially dependent on your parents, that you still live at home and haven't formed an independent living unit, and haven't married.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dad is not disabled, he stopped going work because he thought with his diabetes he wouldn't be able to work.

He has never taken benefits of any sort.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Then there is at least doubt over his exercising treaty rights, which will make your application for permanent residence problematical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.