Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I require advice from members especially in Australia.

I'd recently got the grant and was planning on a validation trip by October and a permanent move by Feb-April 2018. Unfortunately, I was informed by my current employer that I need to look out since they're unable to accommodate my in any upcoming projects.

This means I would have to relocate to Australia sooner than anticipated.

Budget is the main concern here and I may be able to stretch for 2-3 months at most, since I've got some commitments in India as well.

Please guide me on:

1. How and where I can obtain cost effective accommodation. This can be a single room PG kind of stay. My only requirement is cleanliness.
2. Whether I can get a job from India before moving. I'm not currently focussing on the grade or pay, as I simply need to sustain my self as of now.

The city I'm moving to would be most probably Melbourne or its suburbs.

Awaiting your valuable inputs for this dire situation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No inputs from anyone?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I require advice from members especially in Australia.

I'd recently got the grant and was planning on a validation trip by October and a permanent move by Feb-April 2018. Unfortunately, I was informed by my current employer that I need to look out since they're unable to accommodate my in any upcoming projects.

This means I would have to relocate to Australia sooner than anticipated.

Budget is the main concern here and I may be able to stretch for 2-3 months at most, since I've got some commitments in India as well.

Please guide me on:

1. How and where I can obtain cost effective accommodation. This can be a single room PG kind of stay. My only requirement is cleanliness.

there are plenty you can find in gum tree, as I don't like to write stories.Visit the properties and choose the one suitable to your requirements and budget.

2. Whether I can get a job from India before moving. I'm not currently focussing on the grade or pay, as I simply need to sustain my self as of now.

Its too early to talk about grades , TG if you can land in casual job.Your network will be the greatest help in finding a job.

The city I'm moving to would be most probably Melbourne or its suburbs.

Awaiting your valuable inputs for this dire situation.

Answered

1 - 3 of 3 Posts