Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have worked for a year for a small company in USA. I have received the experience letter but as expected they haven't mentioned my roles and responsibilities.

Now I am applying for skill assessment for 189 and 190 categories As it was a small company so I am not even able to get the roles and responsibilities declaration from signed by my supervisor. But the good thing is I can get the letter signed by my client employee. (xyz bank where I was designated)

I would appreciate if anyone can suggest how to prove my skills which I used during my tenure with the employer.

Thanks,
Mathew

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have worked for a year for a small company in USA. I have received the experience letter but as expected they haven't mentioned my roles and responsibilities.

Now I am applying for skill assessment for 189 and 190 categories As it was a small company so I am not even able to get the roles and responsibilities declaration from signed by my supervisor. But the good thing is I can get the letter signed by my client employee. (xyz bank where I was designated)

I would appreciate if anyone can suggest how to prove my skills which I used during my tenure with the employer.

Thanks,
Mathew

I think the way around it is either collect the reference letter from your direct supervisor/manager or colleague. If not, then a self declaration of your duties on the legal paper. At the end, it is always at the discretion of the case officer.

Check if you can list down your duties and request them again. Generally smaller companies help as there is less protocol to follow..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Mathew
Thank you for your reply shets. I have requested them several times but no luck.
Whats is your opinion if I submit a letter from a colleague (employee of my end client) who was working with me in my client. location.

Thanks,

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thank you for your reply shets. I have requested them several times but no luck.
Whats is your opinion if I submit a letter from a colleague (employee of my end client) who was working with me in my client. location.

Thanks,

I am afraid both should be working for the same company at the given time. I am surprised with your ex-company's support towards their former employees. Mostly, people save the matter as draft and all they need to do is print on their letter head.

Anyways, check with a former reporting manager or colleague. If all else fails, enclose a self certified letter. It entirely depends on the processing officer, how they see it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.