Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,
Need your expert advice with regard to EOI filing( planning ASAP).
I have 65 points for 261313 software engineer after ACS and PTE-A.
However, I have this dilemma:

1) Shall I submit EOI with 65 points
I have total 10.1 years of experience and after ACS deduction of 2 years, It becomes 8.1, but I am not claiming my experience points for 4 months that is why I can claim only 10 points for experience, not 15.
--> These 4 months I worked at a small company, and It is assessed +ve by ACS, but I do not have any tax, PF statements, form 16 for this 4-month duration. I only have an offer letter, acceptance of resignation, only one month salary slip and RNR letter which I had sent to ACS.
I am afraid that if I include these 4 months I can easily get an Invite, but CO might be adamant on certain documents which I do not have for this tenure.
--> If from your experience.. you can suggest any thing...will it be wise to assume that above-mentioned docs will be sufficed for this small tenure.??

Or as last resort, I do not claim points for these 4 months and wait for 4 more months and I will reach 8+ experience automatically and my score will be 70.

Which would be wise in your view...
Will I be given preference for my earlier DOE and points increment from 65 to 70 around after 4 months....
Looking forward to your replies.
Hope I put my situation in a clear way...!!!!
Pardon me If I am making you guys confused!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dear Friends,

I have total 10.1 years of experience and after ACS deduction of 2 years, It becomes 8.1, but I am not claiming my experience points for 4 months that is why I can claim only 10 points for experience, not 15.
--> These 4 months I worked at a small company, and It is assessed +ve by ACS, but I do not have any tax, PF statements, form 16 for this 4-month duration. I only have an offer letter, acceptance of resignation, only one month salary slip and RNR letter which I had sent to ACS.
I am afraid that if I include these 4 months I can easily get an Invite, but CO might be adamant on certain documents which I do not have for this tenure.
--> If from your experience.. you can suggest any thing...will it be wise to assume that above-mentioned docs will be sufficed for this small tenure.??

Or as last resort, I do not claim points for these 4 months and wait for 4 more months and I will reach 8+ experience automatically and my score will be 70.

Will I be given preference for my earlier DOE and points increment from 65 to 70 around after 4 months....

The documents look sufficient to me; though, the decision is entirely yours. If I were you, I would play safe and submit an EOI with 65 today and wait for an invite. Either way, an invite is almost certain after 4 months.

Your DOE will be reset after 4 months due to update in your claimed points score. No preference of your earlier DOE, and you will be put at the end of the pool. However, a 70 point score will still be ahead of other applicants and you should be invited in the very next round.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Friends,

The documents look sufficient to me; though, the decision is entirely yours. If I were you, I would play safe and submit an EOI with 65 today and wait for an invite. Either way, an invite is almost certain after 4 months.

Your DOE will be reset after 4 months due to update in your claimed points score. No preference of your earlier DOE, and you will be put at the end of the pool. However, a 70 point score will still be ahead of other applicants and you should be invited in the very next round.
Thanks a lot Parth!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts