Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our migration agent claimed 65 points in EOI counting Australia PhD study (2.3 years) as Australia work and Queensland Govt accepted that work experience (190 subclass) and Vetassess also accepted it. We have got invitation now but he is having second thoughts that 5 points may not be valid as Aussie work experience .

If we remove those 5 points still we have 60 points.

What should we do?

1. Should just go ahead and reply to the invitation?

2. Or should we let the invitation expire and reapply again?

I need quick reply as we have spent all our savings in it and facing double standards of misguidance.

S

·
Registered
226 Posts
Our migration agent claimed 65 points in EOI counting Australia PhD study (2.3 years) as Australia work and Queensland Govt accepted that work experience (190 subclass) and Vetassess also accepted it. We have got invitation now but he is having second thoughts that 5 points may not be valid as Aussie work experience .

If we remove those 5 points still we have 60 points.

What should we do?

1. Should just go ahead and reply to the invitation?

2. Or should we let the invitation expire and reapply again?

I need quick reply as we have spent all our savings in it and facing double standards of misguidance.

S
If VetAssess and Queensland govt both didn't raise a red flag...you should be fine...agents can ruin your case sometimes.....As long as you can corroborate any claims you make in the visa application with the appropriate documentation, there shouldn't be any problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot What do you mean? Just another expert advice needed from you:

He has given us two options: 1 He will file the case at our risk with proper cover letter stating EOI awarded the 5 points as Aussie experience (which was just to show QLD Govt). I mean if case officer dont want to believe in those points it will be still 60. Should we respond to invitation?

DIBP people say they cant count PHD study as work experience. Its different for everyone :(

Please suggest with your advice

·
Registered
226 Posts
Some details are unclear sah23.
Can you show the entire points breakup, and explain on what basis you claimed the points on the EOI?

Also, did you have to send an application packet(hard copies of certified documents) to the Queensland 190 team post submission of the EOI in Skillselect?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks alot What do you mean? Just another expert advice needed from you:

He has given us two options: 1 He will file the case at our risk with proper cover letter stating EOI awarded the 5 points as Aussie experience (which was just to show QLD Govt). I mean if case officer dont want to believe in those points it will be still 60. Should we respond to invitation?

DIBP people say they cant count PHD study as work experience. Its different for everyone :(

Please suggest with your advice
Also, at the juncture, are you sure you want to continue with that agent of yours?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes sure,
Points claimed:
IELTS: 10
Master's : 15
State Nomination: 5
Overseas Work Experience nominated occupation: more than two years
We did send all the requested documents to QLD Govt.

He wrote PhD as Aussie work experience to show to QLD Govt. Thats where he made blunder i think
I hope i am clear to you know.
We are in process to to change. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Also i forgot to wrote he claimed PhD as 5 points so 65 in total.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes sure,
Points claimed:
IELTS: 10
Master's : 15
State Nomination: 5
Overseas Work Experience nominated occupation: more than two years
We did send all the requested documents to QLD Govt.

He wrote PhD as Aussie work experience to show to QLD Govt. Thats where he made blunder i think
I hope i am clear to you know.
We are in process to to change. Thanks a lot for your reply.
This one is tricky mate:
Your application has already gone through two stages of Scrutiny
1. Note that VetAssess is a contractor, and not a government entity. However, they have been appointed by the Government of Australia, and their scrutiny of applications is detailed.
2. Government of Queensland has already looked at your papers.

How is it that during both stages, nobody raised a red flag?

One way to look at it, is the fact that you already have a Master's Degree. Perhaps your work experience during the course of the PhD(Could be teaching, doing research in a lab) is highly relevant or closely relevant to your skilled occupation. If you are receiving a stipend you have documentation corroborating that work experience. Under such circumstances, it may be possible that VetAssess and the Government of Queensland did not question the veracity of the claims made with respect to work experience.

The problem here is that you may have been invited on the basis of the 65 points since, higher points pushes you ahead of the queue, right?

When you lodge your application, it is imperative that the claims made in the EOI match the claims in the final visa application. The DIBP case officer will look at both instances, and if there is any discrepancy between the EOI and the visa application, you will be questioned.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Make a few phone calls - Government of Queensland, and the DIBP. Then decide how you would like to proceed. Your agent has messed up your case....I would have fired the agent and reported to mara. Do you have any written correspondence saying that the agent messed up?? If your agent submitted the EOI, it's not your fault, and you didn't have any intent to make a misrepresentation. Why should you take the heat for the agents mistake? Think about it...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is helpful. I have heard state nomination are not ranked according to points you just need to meet the criteria up to 60.
Also, work in my PHD is valid and research is same as in nominated occupation.

We have the option again to let this invitation expire and apply again but not sure.
Cant we send letter to case officer that those 5 points were not claimed as Skill select automatically gave the points counting PHD as experience and if he/she dont counts it still i am eligible?

What do you say

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, we are thinking of doing that. Agent said he has spoken to QLD govt case officer about this misinterpretation and they are ready to send invite again once they have application.

We didnt file EOI and yes we would definitely report to MARA.

The only hope we stick with him and apply EOI untill we get invite and then do complaint if things didnt work out.

I am feeling terrible after spending so much money and effort. Dont know future know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts