Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally moving out of my hotel in Bur Dubai this Friday, where i've been for 3 weeks. I'm moving to Horizon Tower on the Marina/by JLT metro. I really need to play some footy, or do some exercise of some sort, as my diet since i've been here has been awful (i'm currently waiting for Pizza Hut to deliver haha).... I play a fairly decent level of football back in the UK, and hope to get my fitness back pretty sharpish..... if anyone is part of a team that needs any players, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, give me a shout.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, seen Duplays.... was wondering if anyone had a team already set up though, rather than just being put into a random one. Also, are there any other apart from Duplays?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not as well organised and as good value. Duplays have 124 football teams playing most nights of the week. They also hire proper refs etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm finally moving out of my hotel in Bur Dubai this Friday, where i've been for 3 weeks. I'm moving to Horizon Tower on the Marina/by JLT metro. I really need to play some footy, or do some exercise of some sort, as my diet since i've been here has been awful (i'm currently waiting for Pizza Hut to deliver haha).... I play a fairly decent level of football back in the UK, and hope to get my fitness back pretty sharpish..... if anyone is part of a team that needs any players, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, give me a shout.

Thanks

James
Hi James, i have just moved into Dream towers just next door to Horizon tower.. did you have any luck with finding a football team? i would really like to play some football but finding it hard to find some people wanting to play!?

Simon

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Why don't all the EF members get together and form a football team? I'm sure there are other pizza lovers out here:p This way all the single ladies can come watch too. Two birds...one stone :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why don't all the EF members get together and form a football team? I'm sure there are other pizza lovers out here:p This way all the single ladies can come watch too. Two birds...one stone :D[/QUOTE

Thats a great idea! We just need a few more people now!! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys,

Yeah, i found a footy team to have a game with - my first game is this Thursday.... it's over in Al Quoz. There's Duplays too, down in Al Barsha, where you can just turn up and they put you in a team - i think that's the case, but don't quote me.

As for starting a new team - i'm well up for that. if anyone wants a kick about or a serious game, i'm in!

@Simon - if you want to head down to Duplays some time (or organise a team for one of their leagues together) let me know.... Seriously missing my football fix.

Cheers,

jAMES

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,

Yeah, i found a footy team to have a game with - my first game is this Thursday.... it's over in Al Quoz. There's Duplays too, down in Al Barsha, where you can just turn up and they put you in a team - i think that's the case, but don't quote me.

As for starting a new team - i'm well up for that. if anyone wants a kick about or a serious game, i'm in!

@Simon - if you want to head down to Duplays some time (or organise a team for one of their leagues together) let me know.... Seriously missing my football fix.

Cheers,

jAMES
It looks like the Duplays league starts at the end of the month.. You can rent a 5 a side pitch of them so maybe if we get enough people who want to come and play we could go down there for a kick about? by the response we have had in the last hour i'm sure we could get enough people..! What do you think?

Si

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, well up for getting some people together and heading up there for a kickabout - rent the pitch for 1hr or 90 mins and just play a game with whoever turns up.

I would've signed up for a team at the end of the month, but i'm going on holiday in April, and i'm going to miss at least two weeks, so put it off, but would be up for entering a league if there were people to cover those two weeks.

So then - who's up for some footy?

·
Registered
76 Posts
can I break the rules and be a girl who plays?

My cargo gets here tomorrow including my footballs boots, would love to put them to use

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok for a kick around though?

I played in a men's 5 a side league back home, I wouldn't say I'm good but I hold my own in that league

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.