Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Here' s my situation, I got assessed under 225211 last Oct, gave my IELTS in Jan 2015.
I waited till 1 July as my occupation was under CSOL. Only SA and ACT were traditionally sponsoring this occupation under 190 SS.

Yesterday when the SA migration site did work for a little while, got a rude shock when I learned that my occupation is moved to "supplementary skilled list" (I've never heard of this till yesterday)

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skil...ation-requirements/supplementary-skilled-list (This link is not working now, I have attached a screenshot of the page when it was working)

I do not have any family in SA and I have never been to Oz. The only way I can apply for SA is if I get 80 points (There is a high points clause, please check the attached pic for a screenshot reference). My current points are 65 (30 - Age, 15 - Qualification, 5 - Positive assessment, IELTS - 10 & SS - 5).

I will struggle and some how get 10 more points by giving PTE- A and getting more than 79 in all quarters.

My wife's has switched 3 jobs in the last 2 years. So cannot get her assessed under any occupation (so basically no partner skills :eek:)

Any ideas/thoughts on how I can get the additional 5 points would be highly appreciated :juggle:

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Folks,

Here' s my situation, I got assessed under 225211 last Oct, gave my IELTS in Jan 2015.
I waited till 1 July as my occupation was under CSOL. Only SA and ACT were traditionally sponsoring this occupation under 190 SS.

Yesterday when the SA migration site did work for a little while, got a rude shock when I learned that my occupation is moved to "supplementary skilled list" (I've never heard of this till yesterday)

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skil...ation-requirements/supplementary-skilled-list (This link is not working now, I have attached a screenshot of the page when it was working)

I do not have any family in SA and I have never been to Oz. The only way I can apply for SA is if I get 80 points (There is a high points clause, please check the attached pic for a screenshot reference). My current points are 65 (30 - Age, 15 - Qualification, 5 - Positive assessment, IELTS - 10 & SS - 5).

I will struggle and some how get 10 more points by giving PTE- A and getting more than 79 in all quarters.

My wife's has switched 3 jobs in the last 2 years. So cannot get her assessed under any occupation (so basically no partner skills :eek:)

Any ideas/thoughts on how I can get the additional 5 points would be highly appreciated :juggle:
Hi Nic,

My case is similar to yours. But to be eligible for supplementary list the 75 plus extra 5 point could only be claimed by partner skill assessment Or could be claimed by gaining 5 year experience.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Perhaps sit the IELTS again or try one of the other tests (PTE is supposed to be easier) to get 20 points for English. SA basically has set the Supplementary list for a limited number of applicants who meet very specific criteria.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Perhaps sit the IELTS again or try one of the other tests (PTE is supposed to be easier) to get 20 points for English. SA basically has set the Supplementary list for a limited number of applicants who meet very specific criteria.
For how much time the supplementary skill list is open and what is the total quota for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For how much time the supplementary skill list is open and what is the total quota for it.
That's anybody's guess! No one has any hold/say but the SA govt.

Does it make sense to go on a 489 initially and then after settling there with a job and all that, then move to 189/190? Any thoughts on this please?

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's anybody's guess! No one has any hold/say but the SA govt.

Does it make sense to go on a 489 initially and then after settling there with a job and all that, then move to 189/190? Any thoughts on this please?
If you go for 489, then it's better to go for PR through 887 Visa...then apply for citizenship in 2 years...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts