Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am an American married to a Norwegian. I got my EEA2 residency card in early 2016, and my wife and I have been living and working in London since. Now, we are planning on moving back to the US. She has had her US Green Card approved. I will be moving back to the US in early November, and she will join me there in early January.

My question is, do I need to take any action to notify the UK government that I will no longer be a resident? I will actually be keeping my UK job, and will be working as a contractor for them from the US, but I will of course not be a UK resident any longer. My EEA2 RC is good for another three years, but do I need to notify the UK government in any way? I'm not sure if there are any steps that need to be taken, for example, to demonstrate that I am no longer depending on the UK social safety net, namely the NHS. Do I need to do anything to relinquish my NINo? Is there anything important that I haven't thought of? Any and all advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
As for relinquishing your NINo, I lived here for a decade, then moved abroad for TWENTY years, then came back and am using the same NINo that I had, like twenty-five years ago !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.