Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My husband and I had our appointment for a spouse visa yesterday at the PEO in Croydon and all went well, which is a huge relief!

As some of you who saw my previous posts will know, I was having a very difficult time with Natwest and at one point thought that I would have to reschedule my appointment. I was told that my bank statements would take up to 14 working days to arrive and they refused to stamp my online statements or write a letter for me.

However I went back to the London School of Economics branch on Aldwych, as they helped me out with paperwork for my post study work visa when I applied for that a few years ago. They receive so many visa-related requests from students that they have arranged with Natwest's head office to allow them to issue a standard letter that can be used in line with online statements. Apparently they have never had any issues with this from the home office.

So if any of you are in London and find yourselves in the same situation I was in, I'd recommend going to that branch for help.

Liz

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thank you so much for this tip. I am also with Natwest and would have liked to include that account if and when we apply for a spouse visa. I find it disappointing that a bank with which we have done business for years would not be more accommodating. Mind you, I have the added problem of not being in the UK and maybe having to send a letter of authorization for my son to collect my stamped statements! Now, THAT will be interesting!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all

My husband and I had our appointment for a spouse visa yesterday at the PEO in Croydon and all went well, which is a huge relief!

As some of you who saw my previous posts will know, I was having a very difficult time with Natwest and at one point thought that I would have to reschedule my appointment. I was told that my bank statements would take up to 14 working days to arrive and they refused to stamp my online statements or write a letter for me.

However I went back to the London School of Economics branch on Aldwych, as they helped me out with paperwork for my post study work visa when I applied for that a few years ago. They receive so many visa-related requests from students that they have arranged with Natwest's head office to allow them to issue a standard letter that can be used in line with online statements. Apparently they have never had any issues with this from the home office.

So if any of you are in London and find yourselves in the same situation I was in, I'd recommend going to that branch for help.

Liz
Lizzie, are you providing statements which just show a list of your salaried income being paid in, or are you showing the whole transaction statements for your account for 6 months?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Lizzie, are you providing statements which just show a list of your salaried income being paid in, or are you showing the whole transaction statements for your account for 6 months?
You have to provide your full monthly original statements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.