Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I've submitted my application of naturalisation back in June (11th) and I still have yet to hear a squeak from OH. and its been 4 months. My BPR appointment was on the 29th of June.

I am getting a bit anxious. By the way I'm a European citizen married to a British citizen

How long did it take for you to hear back? And did you notice any delays since brexit?

last but not least, do you have any contacts to email in case if the application will take much longer? Plus, does anyone know what's the percentages of approvals and rejections?

Ive been keeping my fingers crossed since forever
thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all,

So I've submitted my application of naturalisation back in June (11th) and I still have yet to hear a squeak from OH. and its been 4 months. My BPR appointment was on the 29th of June.

I am getting a bit anxious. By the way I'm a European citizen married to a British citizen

How long did it take for you to hear back? And did you notice any delays since brexit?

last but not least, do you have any contacts to email in case if the application will take much longer? Plus, does anyone know what's the percentages of approvals and rejections?

Ive been keeping my fingers crossed since forever
thanks
You need to wait 6 month before contacting them. COVID period, all application takes longer to get response

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's bizarre, and I don't think there's any logic.
I submitted in early July, got my approval end of August.
Which is all moot, as my local council is telling me I may have to wait 6 months for a citizenship ceremony!

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's bizarre, and I don't think there's any logic.
I submitted in early July, got my approval end of August.
Which is all moot, as my local council is telling me I may have to wait 6 months for a citizenship ceremony!
Crazy. My wife received her approval at the weekend. Phoned council today to book ceremony and they've pencilled us in for next Monday! We could even have had one in two days time if we opted for group instead of private.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Next week! My council has had my name in an unopened envelope for 5 weeks now. Apparently they have a backlog and haven't had time since August to go through any packages from the Home Office. :mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally received a letter stating application approved! Been an exhausting wait! Thank you to everyone who helped with queries and this forum is doing such a good job helping ppl. Good luck to those who are still waiting..
Congrats!!! it definitely sounds like you had to wait for ages. Did you get a letter through the post or email+letter?
Im getting so fidgety and impatient!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts