Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Can someone please help me in regards to what to submit to fulfill the following checklist requirement for naturalisation as spouse of british citizen;

1.Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

I would say that the BPR would cover this however they have listed the current BPR as a separate point to submit.

Also my husband has submitted his application form within the last 5 days and even received an email to say that it will be processed within 6 months however, can we upload the documents online on the portal or does he have to book an appointment to physically go give biometrics at a center and submit documents there or will he be sent details concerning the new IDV app. So confused please help.

Also if trying to book a appointment through sopra website using core services then why does it not give the option to purchase document scanning service?

Many thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi, Can someone please help me in regards to what to submit to fulfill the following checklist requirement for naturalisation as spouse of british citizen;

1.Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

I would say that the BPR would cover this however they have listed the current BPR as a separate point to submit.

Also my husband has submitted his application form within the last 5 days and even received an email to say that it will be processed within 6 months however, can we upload the documents online on the portal or does he have to book an appointment to physically go give biometrics at a center and submit documents there or will he be sent details concerning the new IDV app. So confused please help.

Also if trying to book a appointment through sopra website using core services then why does it not give the option to purchase document scanning service?

Many thanks
1)You can upload a copy of BRP as proof of freedom from immigration restrictions
2) You can upload documents yourself before the appointment date and it will save you time at the visa center where they will check again that all documents are uploaded correctly and you will just provide fingerprints there. They also charge small fees if you cannot upload it yourself and want them to upload at visa center

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1)You can upload a copy of BRP as proof of freedom from immigration restrictions
2) You can upload documents yourself before the appointment date and it will save you time at the visa center where they will check again that all documents are uploaded correctly and you will just provide fingerprints there. They also charge small fees if you cannot upload it yourself and want them to upload at visa center
also i am not sure if you know but does the applicant have to submit/ upload current and previous passport since having arrived to the UK or is it possible that at the biometrics appointment they take copies of the passports? I though they may allow access to the IDV app but they have not mentioned anything after submitting the app they have only mentioned that applicant must book biometrics.

My referees have signed their forms and dated it prior to the application submission date. I hope this will not be an issue? They have dated it approx 2weeks prior to application submission date.

·
Registered
566 Posts
also i am not sure if you know but does the applicant have to submit/ upload current and previous passport since having arrived to the UK or is it possible that at the biometrics appointment they take copies of the passports? I though they may allow access to the IDV app but they have not mentioned anything after submitting the app they have only mentioned that applicant must book biometrics.

My referees have signed their forms and dated it prior to the application submission date. I hope this will not be an issue? They have dated it approx 2weeks prior to application submission date.
Applicant passport is a mandatory document which you can upload it yourself. You can upload each and everything yourself and just take the original document with you when attending biometric in case if any document is not uploaded correctly or if anything missing/not readable then they can do it at visa centre but if you have uploaded all documents correctly then they will just take your biomteric

You get referee declaration page at the end after submitting online application form so don't know what you are talking about

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Applicant passport is a mandatory document which you can upload it yourself. You can upload each and everything yourself and just take the original document with you when attending biometric in case if any document is not uploaded correctly or if anything missing/not readable then they can do it at visa centre but if you have uploaded all documents correctly then they will just take your biomteric

You get referee declaration page at the end after submitting online application form so don't know what you are talking about

thank you for that. Yes, The referee forms is available at the end but i managed to download it earlier and got the referees to complete it prior to the app (i know it was silly, but didn't realise at the time),

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
The BRP is used for two different requirements (proof of freedom from immigration time limits, and request for your current BRP itself)
No - You do get the declaration forms at the end, but BEFORE submission - I'm at exactly this stage in my own naturalisation application; the forms were provided as links in the "Documents" section which comes before submission/payment. You can also find a copy of the referee forms elsewhere on the internet (including the paper AN form). So it's not untoward that they were able to get their referee declarations before submitting the online application.

It also doesn't really matter when the declaration forms were signed, they aren't particularly time-sensitive. If they were signed 2 weeks before you submit the online application, that is perfectly acceptable

·
Registered
566 Posts
The BRP is used for two different requirements (proof of freedom from immigration time limits, and request for your current BRP itself)

No - You do get the declaration forms at the end, but BEFORE submission - I'm at exactly this stage in my own naturalisation application; the forms were provided as links in the "Documents" section which comes before submission/payment. You can also find a copy of the referee forms elsewhere on the internet (including the paper AN form). So it's not untoward that they were able to get their referee declarations before submitting the online application.

It also doesn't really matter when the declaration forms were signed, they aren't particularly time-sensitive. If they were signed 2 weeks before you submit the online application, that is perfectly acceptable
My application for naturalization was approved just week ago and i have done all the processes myself. We are talking about online application. You fill out details of both referees when complete the online form and then you get the option to download the declaration at the end. I have uploaded the declaration here check it

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I don't disbelieve you, but I haven't paid for my application yet and I received links to the declaration forms within the application. There were two links - One for referee 1, and one for referee 2 (though the forms are identical)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I don't disbelieve you, but I haven't paid for my application yet and I received links to the declaration forms within the application. There were two links - One for referee 1, and one for referee 2 (though the forms are identical)
Yes i used exactly the same forms, but i printed them out and got them filled prior paying and submitting the application. I think i will just leave it and submit it with the other documents. I didn't get them from the app i got them from home office website. Can you please inform me if had to prove that you were physically here in the UK on your qualifying period date 3yrs or 5years and if so how did you prove it.

any other advice would be fab like did you use IDV app or did yo upload docs online and attend a biometrics appointment?

many many thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Great stuff. We are about to upload documents and i am going to looking to book biometrics appointment for 24th December when one becomes available for that date. My husband has few passports but we are including the ones from the start of the spouse visa till date which means 2 passports and one current hope that is suffice and they don't require previous. In terms of proof of address we are submitting, GP and NHS letters,employment contracts, council tax and utility bills hope this will be enough along with driving licence and he will be covering 3yrs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts