Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I am sure most of you remember me. Few weeks ago, I sent a copy of my degree certificate to NARIC to obtain Statement of Comparability (I graduated from US university) but i am not a US national. So I received the confirmation letter from them that my degree is comparable to UK university degree. In the letter it mentions that if I wish I could get a certificate of comparability, but i need to apply for it adn pay a separate fee for it.

My question is do i need the certificate too or the confirmation letter is enough. I have called NARIC for the same question and they said that it is the same thing and I actually do not need it.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
533 Posts
waiting.stars said:
Hi friends, I am sure most of you remember me. Few weeks ago, I sent a copy of my degree certificate to NARIC to obtain Statement of Comparability (I graduated from US university) but i am not a US national. So I received the confirmation letter from them that my degree is comparable to UK university degree. In the letter it mentions that if I wish I could get a certificate of comparability, but i need to apply for it adn pay a separate fee for it. My question is do i need the certificate too or the confirmation letter is enough. I have called NARIC for the same question and they said that it is the same thing and I actually do not need it. Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you
I never paid for the certificate I just used the letter as proof and agencies I signed up with excepted mine.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never paid for the certificate I just used the letter as proof and agencies I signed up with excepted mine.
Hi ddang,

Thank you for input but I did not get your point when you said "and agencies I signed up with excepted mine".
Can you plz explain what that means? Thank you :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
waiting.stars said:
Hi ddang, Thank you for input but I did not get your point when you said "and agencies I signed up with excepted mine". Can you plz explain what that means? Thank you :)
Sorry I was a bit tired last night when I was replying. I meant my letter was accepted. I didn't need the certificate. When I signed up for an agency to work, I just handed them my Naric letter that said my qualifications were comparable. If you want to get a certificate you can but I didn't.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I was a bit tired last night when I was replying. I meant my letter was accepted. I didn't need the certificate. When I signed up for an agency to work, I just handed them my Naric letter that said my qualifications were comparable. If you want to get a certificate you can but I didn't.
Thank you again. I appreciate your response ...have a bless day...

·
Registered
533 Posts
waiting.stars said:
Fiance visa, my sponsor (fiance) is British and I am living in the US (not a US citizen) on a work visa...

Ah I see.. We'll hang in there and good luck. I know it's tough being away from them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.