Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a cat delivered that I am fostering from from ESMA
A tom.. Siamese .. not a seal point he is quite dark not seen much of him as he is under the sofa.
He has no name and is depressed so I think the first thing I need to do is give him a name so he is a person:D He is fast and sneaks around like a fox,

I am thinking... Shadow/willow/Basil as in Basil Brush

Any suggestions?

Maiden

·
Banned
171 Posts
A tom.. Siamese .. not a seal point he is quite dark not seen much of him as he is under the sofa.
He has no name and is depressed so I think the first thing I need to do is give him a name so he is a person:D He is fast and sneaks around like a fox,

Any suggestions?

Maiden
I like shadow, but also eclipse. Open a can of tuna, I've never seen a cat that can resist tuna. Good ice breaker.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts

Any suggestions?

Maiden

How about Zach or Jasper.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Licorice / Berty Basset / Treacle / Phantom

Gratz on the fostering again MS!

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to look at him last night but as the cover underneath the sofa has ripped he had gotten up underneath it so I left him to it and went to bed, later on I heard him meow so knew he was out from hiding and the dent on the sofa means he was sleeping on it during the night. This morning he is behind the fridge in the kitchen and he has eaten the food that was left out for him which is a huge relief as the shelter was force feeding him. I will try and get a photo of him on one of his lightening dashes.. ohh I will add lightening to the name list .

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Ok, not "sombra" then (I have trouble typing in the dark on my laptop!!) How about what my mother called our cat when I was a kid. I didnt see anything wrong with it in those days lol!! PUSSY!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, not "sombra" then (I have trouble typing in the dark on my laptop!!) How about what my mother called our cat when I was a kid. I didnt see anything wrong with it in those days lol!! PUSSY!

Jo xxx

Almost as bad as when I called my cat Muffin.. I couldn't understand why all the men were laughing.

is your maiden name Slocombe by any chance? lol x

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Almost as bad as when I called my cat Muffin.. I couldn't understand why all the men were laughing.

is your maiden name Slocombe by any chance? lol x
I'd like to say that I'm too young to know what you mean - mrs slocombe was just like my mother tho rofl

Jo xxx

·
Registered
146 Posts
I will try and get a photo of him on one of his lightening dashes.. ohh I will add lightening to the name list .
Well done MS, keep up the good work :clap2:

I know it's difficult but a pic would help - sometimes seeing a furrkid's face gives instant inspiration for their name.

If you're adding lightening to the list, what about Flash (as in as quick as a....)?

·
Registered
468 Posts
This almost another reason to love Egypt.. you can name your pet cat anything because you not got to stand at the backdoor shouting his/her name to come in since most are housecats! lol

Speedy Gonzales / Lucky (since he's found MS!) / Peek-a-boo lol

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well done MS, keep up the good work :clap2:

I know it's difficult but a pic would help - sometimes seeing a furrkid's face gives instant inspiration for their name.

If you're adding lightening to the list, what about Flash (as in as quick as a....)?

I used to ride a horse called flash.. he was sooooooooooo slow I often felt like pushing him

1 - 20 of 73 Posts