1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Experts,

Could you please help me on the below:-

Question-1 ==>
My passport has only First Name, let's say "RAJ". What's I am going to enter in the ACS Form Since all of them are mandatory?

1. Given Name - RAJ ?
2. Last name - ???
3. Preferred First Name - RAJ ?

Question-2 ==>
As already explained Passport and all Government IDs have the single name that is First name "RAJ" and My Work Ex. letters have my Full name "RAJ MALHOTRA", Then Submitting the Notarized Affidavit would be enough?

If No, Then what are the ways to make it happen.
If Yes, Could you please provide a sample declaration?

Please help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Adishjain86,
I have the same problem as you, no last name/surname. Although this is not a very good situation to be in, it is not the end of the world. My passport has no last name, both first name and surname are written in the first name section. While submitting my documents, I have filled all the applications with a '-' in the last name section. In some cases the form doesn't allow us to use symbols in the name sections, here I have written 'no last name' as a way to tell them that I do not have a last name.
Although doing this hasn't cost me a grant (Which I was granted last year), it has lead to a whole lot of confusion. I had a few issues while getting my drivers license, where I couldn't book a test online so either had to do it in person or by making a phone call. My insurance card says my name followed by 'no last name' which is quite funny. I have made a habit of using a first name and a last name irrespective of what my passport says for sometime now.
I'm not sure what affidavit you are speaking about since I didn't use any, and I'd advice you to not make more complications to an already complicated application process and go ahead with the application, but that's just me. I also don't know how I'm going to get rid of this problem since getting my name changed in my passport is quite a huge process and I'm not keen on doing anything of that sort. So best of luck to you mate for your application.
Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is the reply i received from ACS when i inquired about missing last name few weeks back

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

You can put a full stop in the surname field so that the system will allow you to lodge the application and we will amend it from our end.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
----------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing your Experience mackK. Appreciate it.

Hey lowkeylegend - I also got similar kind of response but the problem is "Last Name" field does not accept any symbol or special characters. It does not even allow putting a DOT (.) or STAR (*) in there. I thought of using "NA" but it could be confused with a genuine last name.

What workaround did you follow because I am unable to submit my application in the unavailability of the last name?

Regards,
ADI

·
Registered
23,910 Posts

Hey lowkeylegend - I also got similar kind of response but the problem is "Last Name" field does not accept any symbol or special characters. It does not even allow putting a DOT (.) or STAR (*) in there. I thought of using "NA" but it could be confused with a genuine last name.

What workaround did you follow because I am unable to submit my application in the unavailability of the last name?

Regards,
ADI
Try the dot in the first name

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

Regards,
ADI
When you apply for Visa in future, make sure you enter the First Name Raju in to Last Name field if you have a single name. For now . in ACS may be fine.

If you have only one name, enter that name into the Family Name field.
If you consider that you do not have a family name, enter all your given names into the Family Name field and leave the Given Names field blank.
You can read here: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/citz/h...8D3.tomcat6-jdk16-6633-worker?action=help_185

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey newbienz - That works but Will that be the right way to do so knowing that the First name is "RAJ" not that last name? Can this cause issues while filing the EOI?

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Hey newbienz - That works but Will that be the right way to do so knowing that the First name is "RAJ" not that last name? Can this cause issues while filing the EOI?

As ACS has already said, that you just lodge the application

Then email them the reference number and they will correct it in the system

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you apply for Visa in future, make sure you enter the First Name Raju in to Last Name field if you have a single name. For now . in ACS may be fine.

So you mean for ACS:-
Given Name - DOT (.)
Last Name: RAJ
Preferred First Name: RAJ

Regards,
Adish.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. This will work. I am trying to find out how it will work while filing for the EOI.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Regards,
ADI
That's a bit strange because when I filled my acs application, it allowed me to input DOT in the surname field. My name appears like this "MYNAME ." on the ACS portal.

Maybe something changed with the upgrade of their system/website. You should contact ACS for a solution.

regards,
lowkey

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

So you mean for ACS:-
Given Name - DOT (.)
Last Name: RAJ
Preferred First Name: RAJ

Regards,
Adish.
No. Do as ACS said.

First Name: Raj
Last Name: .

But when you apply visa in future,

First Name:
Last Name: Raj

DIBP and ACS both are used to people having a single name and they understand such situations so don't worry. DIBP and ACS is here to help you.

Reactions: Mikail_Zubair

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. Problem is:-
The system does not allow to input any symbol in the Last Name Field.

Last Name: "." (No Symbols are allowed).
Preferred First Name: Raj

I am unable to attach the screen shot here otherwise I would have been updated the same screen here.

Br,
ADI

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Yes. Problem is:-
The system does not allow to input any symbol in the Last Name Field.

Last Name: "." (No Symbols are allowed).
Preferred First Name: Raj

I am unable to attach the screen shot here otherwise I would have been updated the same screen here.

Br,
ADI
Email them and explain. If not ask them if you can enter Raj in Last Name and will that be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts