Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I want to open online account in NAB while oversees as i will be landing in OZ after 2 months. I want to transfer funds to my account . I am curious how could i know that my funds has been transferred , Will they send notification via email or my oversees mobile no?
Does any one have the experience for transferring funds while oversees.?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I don't see the reason of opening one from overseas. Would you transfer money in it before landing?

You can open one in few minutes from any NAB branch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Request for NAB internet banking access on the application form. With this, you will have access to your bank account in read-only mode.

Hello guys,

I want to open online account in NAB while oversees as i will be landing in OZ after 2 months. I want to transfer funds to my account . I am curious how could i know that my funds has been transferred , Will they send notification via email or my oversees mobile no?

Does any one have the experience for transferring funds while oversees.?

Thanks

Reactions: Aus1984

·
Registered
618 Posts
As far as I know you are not allowed to make any transactions on the account till you land and verify yourself at any of the NAB Branch. Your account will be opened, you will get all welcome letters but it will be activated only after the 100 point check is done. And for the 100 point check, you will need a your passport to be sighted at the NAB branch. I remember doing this when I first came here

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
As far as I know you are not allowed to make any transactions on the account till you land and verify yourself at any of the NAB Branch. Your account will be opened, you will get all welcome letters but it will be activated only after the 100 point check is done. And for the 100 point check, you will need a your passport to be sighted at the NAB branch. I remember doing this when I first came here
Nope

I opened an account from offshore in Westpac bank

The account can have only inward transactions
No outward transactions are allowed, till the owener of the account completes the KYC requirements

Cheers

·
Registered
618 Posts
Oh Alright. Like I said, I remember doing the verification process and I assumed it was both inward and outward transactions. Cheers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see the reason of opening one from overseas. Would you transfer money in it before landing?

You can open one in few minutes from any NAB branch.
yes i want to transfer money before landing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your valuable input .. so i can check my fund transfer online if I transfer fund before landing ..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you all for your valuable input .. so i can check my fund transfer online if I transfer fund before landing ..

Yes. You can download NAB app and check account balance. After you land, you may walk into any NAB branch and get your account activated by providing passport copy. I recommend you to apply for Proof of Age card before you do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Today I was trying to open online account , It is not accepting international Mobile No. & Address . Can i put my friends address & No. and will ask them to change at the time of activation ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Today I was trying to open online account , It is not accepting international Mobile No. & Address . Can i put my friends address & No. and will ask them to change at the time of activation ?
As far as I know, it accepts international mobile number. You need this to activate your access to the internet banking platform. Check the number you entered to make sure it complies with the form's phone number format.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Commonwealth bank accepts overseas phone number and address

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.