Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been on for a while busy,busy. So now have a house and got settled in, I need to open a bank account, what is the criteria to get an n.i.e number?, I tried the police station in Torramalenos, sat there for 3'hours! Gave up and left, I have heard that you can get someone to do it all for you or if you go to Malaga, you can get it the same day what documents are needed to get it?.

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts
Not been on for a while busy,busy. So now have a house and got settled in, I need to open a bank account, what is the criteria to get an n.i.e number?, I tried the police station in Torramalenos, sat there for 3'hours! Gave up and left, I have heard that you can get someone to do it all for you or if you go to Malaga, you can get it the same day what documents are needed to get it?.
any gestor can do it for you.... but YOU still have to go...

are you registering as resident or do you just need a NIE ?

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts
Hi, just need an n.i.e, need to open a bank account and buy a car.
you should be able to open a non-resident bank account with your passport

for the NIE, you need to download form EX15 from our FAQs & useful info sticky thread above, and take that, your passport & 3 passport sized photos - & photocopies of everything, to the extranjería

bear in mind though, that if you're living here, they will expect you to register as resident - that's a different process

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Presumably you are renting your house (otherwise you would have needed an NIE to buy) - did the landlord accept your passport for the rental contract?

What else did the agent/landlord require?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts