Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi experts,

I plan to migrate to aus mid next year with my to be wife. I will be getting married in January next year. Here's our back ground:

Me: B.E. E&TC
SAP CRM functional Consultant
5 years exp.

Wifey: B.E. Electrical
BMC Remedy consultant
5 years exp

We want to get our skills assessed as individuals so that we can claim additional 5 points. please answer the foll queries:

1) Do we need to submit out marriage certificate at the time of skills assesment?
2) If not, at what stage is it required if we want to apply as a married couple? (primary/dependant applicant)
3) when should we target the skills assesment submission and EOI so that we can get the PR by July 2013?
4) In the mean time, if the immigration rules change.. will it affect our application? at what stage?
5) should we go via a consultancy or we can manage it ourselves since everything is online? please suggest a good consultancy in Pune/Mumbai in case.

Any other info is much appreciated.

Regards. :D:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi born2dare,

1) Do we need to submit out marriage certificate at the time of skills assesment?...NO
2) If not, at what stage is it required if we want to apply as a married couple? (primary/dependant applicant)...AT THE TIME OF VISA APPLICATION
3) when should we target the skills assesment submission and EOI so that we can get the PR by July 2013? ... ASAP
4) In the mean time, if the immigration rules change.. will it affect our application? at what stage?...RULES WONT CHANGE NOW FOR A WHIL...DONT WORRY
5) should we go via a consultancy or we can manage it ourselves since everything is online? please suggest a good consultancy in Pune/Mumbai in case.... YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF..ITS EASY..YOU WOULD GET LOT OF INFO IN THIS FORUM...BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE TIME TAKEN FOR THE WHOLE PROCESS IF YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN...MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT THROUGH AGENT, TIME TAKE IS LESS

Another suggestion,
Why do you want your wife to apply for skill assessment...it would cost additional Rs.25,000...plus your to be wife also need to appear for IELTS , that would cost another Rs.10,000...
Instead, what I would suggest is you only apply for skill assessment and IELTS....and meantime you do a register marriage so that you can save time in future application.

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi born2dare,

1) Do we need to submit out marriage certificate at the time of skills assesment?...NO
2) If not, at what stage is it required if we want to apply as a married couple? (primary/dependant applicant)...AT THE TIME OF VISA APPLICATION
3) when should we target the skills assesment submission and EOI so that we can get the PR by July 2013? ... ASAP
4) In the mean time, if the immigration rules change.. will it affect our application? at what stage?...RULES WONT CHANGE NOW FOR A WHIL...DONT WORRY
5) should we go via a consultancy or we can manage it ourselves since everything is online? please suggest a good consultancy in Pune/Mumbai in case.... YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF..ITS EASY..YOU WOULD GET LOT OF INFO IN THIS FORUM...BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE TIME TAKEN FOR THE WHOLE PROCESS IF YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN...MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT THROUGH AGENT, TIME TAKE IS LESS

Another suggestion,
Why do you want your wife to apply for skill assessment...it would cost additional Rs.25,000...plus your to be wife also need to appear for IELTS , that would cost another Rs.10,000...
Instead, what I would suggest is you only apply for skill assessment and IELTS....and meantime you do a register marriage so that you can save time in future application.

Regards
Dear cosmos1981,

Thank you so much for your response.

The reason i want my wife's skills assessed is that we can get 5 additional points for partner skills. we realize that some money will be spent, but at the end of the day it seems worth it if we can push our points tally. Doest this approach make sense? :confused2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi born2dare,
you can push your points tally by scoring 7 OR 8 in each section in IELTS also....
Anyway the option is yours...
I have applied through agent in Pune..I am also in SAP field as SD Functional Consultant...
I can PM you the agent details if you want..

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi born2dare,
you can push your points tally by scoring 7 OR 8 in each section in IELTS also....
I have applied through agent in Pune..I am also in SAP field as SD Functional Consultant...

Regards
that will be great. :D

please email me instead... not sure if the PM facility is activated yet here :confused:

[email protected] . com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi born2dare,

Regards
that will be great. :D

please email me instead... not sure if the PM facility is activated yet here :confused:

[email protected] . com

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi born2dare..
yes..PM facility is not yet activated for you...
FYI.. I am ex-infoscion :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
well...cant really comment about the odds....
Only thing is , try to apply ASAP :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
1) Do we need to submit out marriage certificate at the time of skills assesment? No Skills Assessment has got nothing to do with you being married. :)
2) If not, at what stage is it required if we want to apply as a married couple? (primary/dependant applicant). Now with EOI model, you need it when you are called in by the CO to submit your visa documents.
3) when should we target the skills assesment submission and EOI so that we can get the PR by July 2013? with EOI you cannot really plan the time required for application as the time may vary depending on lot of factors including your total Points, your Priority in the pool of applicants and finally the ceilings for the applied occupation
4) In the mean time, if the immigration rules change.. will it affect our application? at what stage? Usually not, BUT the priority of Processing can get impacted with Rule Changes. Thankfully for you the changes are usually initiated in July Period so the next earliest time would be July 2013
5) should we go via a consultancy or we can manage it ourselves since everything is online? please suggest a good consultancy in Pune/Mumbai in case.
The application Process for the Visa is pretty Simple, The only complication could be in skills assessment. if your educational qualifications matches with your skills being assessed and is a straightforward case then this can be managed on your own with online help like this forum. On the other hand if you have a complicated case which requires an RPL and experience at multiple companies then a knowledgeable agent may be able to give you a checklist which helps is getting it right first time.

Regards. :D:)
I too am an SAP Logistics Consultant and may be able to help you with further information if you need the same.

All the best with your application.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had responded to the questions you raised.

1) Do we need to submit out marriage certificate at the time of skills assesment? No Skills Assessment has got nothing to do with you being married. [/COLOR]
2) If not, at what stage is it required if we want to apply as a married couple? (primary/dependant applicant). Now with EOI model, you need it when you are called in by the CO to submit your visa documents.
3) when should we target the skills assesment submission and EOI so that we can get the PR by July 2013? with EOI you cannot really plan the time required for application as the time may vary depending on lot of factors including your total Points, your Priority in the pool of applicants and finally the ceilings for the applied occupation
4) In the mean time, if the immigration rules change.. will it affect our application? at what stage? Usually not, BUT the priority of Processing can get impacted with Rule Changes. Thankfully for you the changes are usually initiated in July Period so the next earliest time would be July 2013
The application Process for the Visa is pretty Simple, The only complication could be in skills assessment. if your educational qualifications matches with your skills being assessed and is a straightforward case then this can be managed on your own with online help like this forum. On the other hand if you have a complicated case which requires an RPL and experience at multiple companies then a knowledgeable agent may be able to give you a checklist which helps is getting it right first time.

Do let me know if you have additional questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had responded to the questions you raised.

1) Do we need to submit out marriage certificate at the time of skills assesment? No Skills Assessment has got nothing to do with you being married. [/COLOR]

Do let me know if you have additional questions.
Thanks a lot.

I am also confused whether to go for 189 or state sponsored. SS i've heard is quicker and a good chance of haveing the visa in your hands in 4-5 months while 189 might take upto 2 years. is this true? also how is the state selected? based on opportunities there? so is it like we land up there and start looking for jobs or we are invited by companies during the visa process? what is the trend among visa applicants? most go for 189 or SS?

personally i am planning to go via 189 and then take a transfer within my company to their australia office. 189 because im not sure which state in aus will i be posted. is this sensible?

and lastly, I am a B.E. in Electronics and telecom. working as a SAP CRM consultalt with 5 yrs exp and my fiance is B.E. in electrical working as a remedy consultant with 5 yrs exp.... since our degrees and profession do not match, is our experience enough to apply?

any advice will be helpful.

apologies fo so many questions :behindsofa:

·
Registered
72 Posts
HI born2dare...
as you said...190 is quicker than 189....
in case of 190 you have to commit to that state for 2 years.
your ANZSCO group code would most likely be 2611 (ICT Business / systems analyst).
So, for 190..as per my research only Victoria state is having high availability for business/systems analyst..and after that WA (not sure)....
I think your degree is matching to your profession..so no need to go through RPL route...just check for your fiance....your exp is enough..dont worry...

Regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.