Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Expats,

I successfully applied and received my Unmarried Partners/Same Sex Partners Visa, but on the actual sticker it reads ¨SPOUSE/CP¨ then my partner´s name.

Is this ok? Will I be asked for a marriage certificate? I´m not married!: eek:

Thank again and have a great day,

Turbo Talk

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dear Expats,

I successfully applied and received my Unmarried Partners/Same Sex Partners Visa, but on the actual sticker it reads ¨SPOUSE/CP¨ then my partner´s name.

Is this ok? Will I be asked for a marriage certificate? I´m not married!: eek:

Thank again and have a great day,

Turbo Talk
The "CP" stands for Civil Partner, which I believe would apply to you.

Reactions: Turbo Talk

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
CP refers to same-sex civil partner, so doesn't apply to you.

Your visa should say 'To join/acc Partner' instead of 'Spouse/CP'. To avoid confusion at the border, contact the visa station that processed it and point it out. You can send an email under complaint procedure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa,

I've been trying over and over to get this corrected by contacting the UK Consulate in Rio and through World Bridge, and I still haven't heard anything from them.

Last week I wrote a complaint directly to the UKBA, and they wrote me back today saying this:

"Thank you for your email which has been passed to Rio de Janeiro for reply.
We can confirm that the endorsement on your visa is correct. You submitted a settlement application as the unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the U.K. and the endorsement which appears in your visa is applicable to both married and to unmarried couples. As unmarried couples must demonstrate that they’ve been in a relationship akin of marriage for a period of 2 years or more in order to meet the settlement requirements, those who qualify are deemed to be in a relationship akin of marriage, hence the endorsement.
I trust this should address your concerns.
Kind regards"

I'm still concerned that it was mentioned that my visa should read,"To Join/ACC Partner", but I guess if they say this, I should be OK right?

Thanks again

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They may have changed their procedure. It definitely used to be the case that married and unmarried partner had different visa endorsement.

Current UKBA documents still state:

Settlement:
To Join/Acc Partner Appendix FM E-ECP Code 1 27 months - Part 8, 33 months Appendix FM Where the sponsor is an unmarried partner add initial and surname of partner 295A

Spouse/CP Appendix FM E-ECP Code 1 27 months - Part 8, 33 months Appendix FM Where the sponsor is a spouse/civil partner add initial and surname of sponsor 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.