Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was married in March, 2012 and applied for my UK spouse visa in March 2013.
In April 2013 it was denied due to basically lacking evidence.
I tried to travel to visit my husband in May 2013 and was denied entry and ordered a removal back to the USA at the LHR airport.

on June 12, 2013 I reapplied for my visa ( was sure to tell them about the denied visa and the removal)
I mailed it off priority to Sheffield on the 16th of August.
It was received on the 20th of August 2013.
It was Granted on September 8, 2013.

Its on its way here now! couldn't be more excited it was pretty quick, considering 3 weeks after a denied visa and removal.

just be sure to be honest about everything! and include all things that prove anything you say.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Well done.
The fact the only reason for original denial was lack of evidence, and in your re-application you clearly remedied that, so yours was a comparatively straightforward case. You were only denied entry as visitor as it was too soon after the settlement visa refusal and they feared you might overstay.
I agree honesty is the best - and only - way.
Others may not be as lucky, esp if there is a question mark on the veracity of relationship or failure to meet financial requirement.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
I have just re-read our previous conversation shortly after your visa denial, and despite our advice, you did try to entry UK as a visitor and you were denied and sent back.

This is something others should take note of: it's never a good idea to try to enter UK as a visitor shortly after your settlement visa refusal. Even application for visitor visa may be denied. Wait until you are successful in getting your settlement visa on re-application or appeal, meet in your home country or a third country such as France (but not Ireland because of the common travel area and Irish immigration, who has access to your UK immigration record, may suspect you are trying a backdoor entry into UK).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.