Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ,I'm here again to seek another advice, I'm so confused at the moment of what to do! My husband is not treating me right , he's not treating me like a wife, he's emotionally,financially ,psychologically and few times physically abuse me .since he's dad died and I got pregnant he's very controlling to me , he wanted me to pay all the bills in our flat because if I'm not paying he will kick me out in our place .so I did it payed everything just to have peace . When I was pregnant his not being supportive to me , he's not supporting me even single penny and he left me for 4 weeks , he went for holiday back in my country leaving me alone and I was working that time.then when I had our baby our relationship is getting worst even I'm not working anymore he's still wanted me to pay all the bills and bought all the baby staff he didn't even help me . One time we had a massive fight and he kick me on my back imagine I'm just one month after having birth it was a nightmare I was crying that time . Then just last month he flew back to the Philippines again without us for 4 weeks leaving us with nothing . It's good ,I got small money from my maternity leave but I'm stretching it because I paying all the bills . Now the worst things happen that i can't for give him anymore I just found out that he met a girl in the Philippines and he made her pregnant ???I was so devastated when I found out it seems like its end of the world .. and I said to my self this is it I'm gonna take a action of this ,I called the police and report everything , I called my hv and Gp because I'm so depressed my baby is only 6 months and we got all this stressed I can't take it anymore .. I was betrayed , he disrespect me , humilated me , if I stay my husband I will loose my mine because I know his not gonna change his attitude. Guys what should I do ? I'm planning to call a women aid for this for domestic abuse ? My baby is British. And I just granted a flrm few months ago .went to family justice the lady said the it's break down of marriage but it's domestic violence . She said I better go back home ? I said what ? My baby is British if I'm going back home whose gonna look after my baby here ? I'm more depressed that she talked to me like that it's kinda he discriminated me ...please tell me what to do guys ... thanks

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Hello everyone ,I'm here again to seek another advice, I'm so confused at the moment of what to do! My husband is not treating me right , he's not treating me like a wife, he's emotionally,financially ,psychologically and few times physically abuse me .since he's dad died and I got pregnant he's very controlling to me , he wanted me to pay all the bills in our flat because if I'm not paying he will kick me out in our place .so I did it payed everything just to have peace . When I was pregnant his not being supportive to me , he's not supporting me even single penny and he left me for 4 weeks , he went for holiday back in my country leaving me alone and I was working that time.then when I had our baby our relationship is getting worst even I'm not working anymore he's still wanted me to pay all the bills and bought all the baby staff he didn't even help me . One time we had a massive fight and he kick me on my back imagine I'm just one month after having birth it was a nightmare I was crying that time . Then just last month he flew back to the Philippines again without us for 4 weeks leaving us with nothing . It's good ,I got small money from my maternity leave but I'm stretching it because I paying all the bills . Now the worst things happen that i can't for give him anymore I just found out that he met a girl in the Philippines and he made her pregnant ???I was so devastated when I found out it seems like its end of the world .. and I said to my self this is it I'm gonna take a action of this ,I called the police and report everything , I called my hv and Gp because I'm so depressed my baby is only 6 months and we got all this stressed I can't take it anymore .. I was betrayed , he disrespect me , humilated me , if I stay my husband I will loose my mine because I know his not gonna change his attitude. Guys what should I do ? I'm planning to call a women aid for this for domestic abuse ? My baby is British. And I just granted a flrm few months ago .went to family justice the lady said the it's break down of marriage but it's domestic violence . She said I better go back home ? I said what ? My baby is British if I'm going back home whose gonna look after my baby here ? I'm more depressed that she talked to me like that it's kinda he discriminated me ...please tell me what to do guys ... thanks
In my opinion, any time a man hits or abuses a woman in any way that is a "deal breaker." Relationship/marriage over. No 2nd chances-period.
I would think the law there is on your side in this and if nothing else for the moment I would contact law enforcement. Your husband has no right, no legal ability to put you our of the home.
I would also suggest contacting this WOMAN'S AID GROUP and ask for advice and help.Wishing you the very best of luck. Just don't take chances with your life and safety or that of your child. Law enforcement there can and should be trusted. Not like back home.

Jet Lag

Moderator - Philippines

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am so sorry you have to go through this. Good for you for going to the police and filing a report, having that kind of documentation will help you as you navigate through this.

It sounds like the woman you spoke to at family justice knows very little about what she is talking about. I would recommend seeking out the citizen's advice bureau, they have a wealth of information and I have heard they can be extremely useful. You may also have the right to stay in the country if you apply for a settlement visa as a survivor of domestic abuse. When you leave your husband, you will have to inform the home office immediately of the breakdown of the relationship. You will have to send them specific information but you can also opt to not have any information shared with your husband.

Good luck, I hope you and your child can find a safe place soon.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The situation is absolutely intolerable. A report was made to the Police, apart from Charging the Husband, they should have given advice on the actions you should take, after all you are now known to them and any repercussion could place the Police in a difficult situation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for reply guys . Yes I am very confused at the moment but most of my friends said to me there is no chance that my husband will change which is true . Spoke to him last day trying to get some answer why he done it but only I get was nasty answer and telling me it's my fault and he's planning to go back to Philippines again ? Wow .... ....i will try to ring women aid tomorrow's guys but back in my mind I don't want to go back home I will fight for my right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.