Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Rule Number One on Living in Spain:- Never let any emotions get in the way.

Of course, enjoy Spain. Enjoy what you contribute to the community, but be aware we are permanent visitors to their country and they have been doing what they do without us for thousands of years. They need us at the moment, but they might not think so in the future. Keep an eye over your shoulder because things can change at anytime in Spain. History repeats itself. Just look at the situation in and near Barcelona currently. Last week it was a peaceful area. Today it is a tinder box and anything could happen there. And, I bet neither faction don't want the help of English speaking people as Spaniards want to resolve Spanish problems alone.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Rule Number One on Living in Spain:- Never let any emotions get in the way.

Of course, enjoy Spain. Enjoy what you contribute to the community, but be aware we are permanent visitors to their country and they have been doing what they do without us for thousands of years. They need us at the moment, but they might not think so in the future. Keep an eye over your shoulder because things can change at anytime in Spain. History repeats itself. Just look at the situation in and near Barcelona currently. Last week it was a peaceful area. Today it is a tinder box and anything could happen there. And, I bet neither faction don't want the help of English speaking people as Spaniards want to resolve Spanish problems alone.
Example of extranjeros contributing.... COSTA NOVA RESIDENTS CONFRONT TOWN HALL OVER GRANADELLA PARK-&-RIDE SCHEME

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I know... Jose Chulvi and Kika Mata are too polite to have told them where to go.

I particularly liked how the local residents employed a UK-based company to do an inspection. A UK-based company owned by one of the local residents. Har har.

·
Administrator
36,533 Posts
I know... Jose Chulvi and Kika Mata are too polite to have told them where to go.

I particularly liked how the local residents employed a UK-based company to do an inspection. A UK-based company owned by one of the local residents. Har har.
Way too polite. I don't know how they managed to stay polite at that meeting.... they were about the only two who did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts