Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My good friend here in Malaysia, applied for Visa 175 (He is doing IT or something like that) in May 2009.

He got his medical and PCC done in September 2009.

His Visa was approved last Friday (13 Nov 2009).

That's like 6 months only!!

I am getting a little paranoid here, because i think maybe people with IT background gets approved faster?

I am an Accountant (CSL) and my IELTS I scored averagely 7.5 and 8.0 in all category. So that means I'm in the CSL.

But I would like to hear from any other "Accountants" here who have applied and generally how long did it take for their Visa to be approved. Cos my informers told me that "Accountants are not really demanded anymore in Australia".... Is that really the case???

Well... I only applied in 8th Oct 2009, so I just wanna estimate how long it will take for mine to be approved. I have an aunt (mom's sister) living in Sydney as a Citizen for 20 years. I wanted to apply for Visa 176 and use her as my sponsor, but decided against it, as I did not want to trouble her. But of course if I land in Australia, I'll be putting up with her first (as what I did for 4 years when I was studying in Sydney). FYI, I am married and have 3 little kids who are included in the Visa.

What is your advise?

And also, another of my relative is working in Brisbane as a bank manager, and told me to send her my resume, and she will get me a job in Brisbane in her bank, while waiting for my Visa 175 to be approved. Is there such a way that I could go to Brisbane with a work permit (or how??) first, and while waiting for my 175 to be approved?

Oh wow... my thread is all mixed up with all kinds of question. Hope I didn't take up too much space.

Appreciate answers and advices.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi WBB:

6 months is fast, but also normal within the top category of priority (if he had a job offer). If you applied in October 2009 and are on CSL you should have your visa within 12 months. It is faster if there is a job offer.

As for the second part of your question, No you can not work in AU before your visa is approved.

I cannot speak on the demand for accountants. Just 2 yrs ago there were ads on TV encouraging people to go for accounting careers (almost made it look exciting).

Hi,

My good friend here in Malaysia, applied for Visa 175 (He is doing IT or something like that) in May 2009.

He got his medical and PCC done in September 2009.

His Visa was approved last Friday (13 Nov 2009).

That's like 6 months only!!

I am getting a little paranoid here, because i think maybe people with IT background gets approved faster?

I am an Accountant (CSL) and my IELTS I scored averagely 7.5 and 8.0 in all category. So that means I'm in the CSL.

But I would like to hear from any other "Accountants" here who have applied and generally how long did it take for their Visa to be approved. Cos my informers told me that "Accountants are not really demanded anymore in Australia".... Is that really the case???

Well... I only applied in 8th Oct 2009, so I just wanna estimate how long it will take for mine to be approved. I have an aunt (mom's sister) living in Sydney as a Citizen for 20 years. I wanted to apply for Visa 176 and use her as my sponsor, but decided against it, as I did not want to trouble her. But of course if I land in Australia, I'll be putting up with her first (as what I did for 4 years when I was studying in Sydney). FYI, I am married and have 3 little kids who are included in the Visa.

What is your advise?

And also, another of my relative is working in Brisbane as a bank manager, and told me to send her my resume, and she will get me a job in Brisbane in her bank, while waiting for my Visa 175 to be approved. Is there such a way that I could go to Brisbane with a work permit (or how??) first, and while waiting for my 175 to be approved?

Oh wow... my thread is all mixed up with all kinds of question. Hope I didn't take up too much space.

Appreciate answers and advices.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts