Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

So many people just look back and blame the British Empire as evil, of course there might be some mistakes but I think they're just forgetting these things that we got from British Empire: education, scientific resarchments, medicine, industrialism, the rule of law-courts-Magna Carta, government systems and the democracy (originally from Greek Ancient).

I think British society have really good benefits on humanity. If you ask me today, what are your favourite scientists ? I would answer with these British scientists:

1- Alan Turing (he was highly influential in the development of computer science which is really important for me).
2- Charles Darwin (Nothing to say about him everbody knows he is a great man!:D)
3- Isaac Newton (Of course you know him)

I got so many British scientists in my list.

Also, I'm not even a British, I'm just a 17 years old who is highly interested in computer science and evolutionary biology person that currently live in Turkey. In the future, I'd like to move to an anglosphere country and get a degree about computer science(I want to be programmer) and I'm going to contribute one of these societies. I think British society seems proper for me its old and scientific even though rumors about girls in UK :) , but I don't care.. Rationality is priority for me. More importantly, I heard education and politics better than USA. Also mostly people in the UK, no religious and I'm an atheist too. But population is increasing in Britain so that British people have bad view about immigrants. I'm confused. :confused:

Any idea for me?

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.