Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was going through my documents and realized something odd which I had completely forgotten as it has been a couple of years.

My previous employer where I worked from April 2013 to November 2013 is a very small company (less than 5 employees). They paid me my salary by cash without deducting any tax at source. Any ways, the total salary I earned from them for that year was below the taxable limit. However, my offer letter mentions that the salary will be paid by cheque. Will this create a problem? I can not give bank statements as the salary was way too less to be deposited - it was just enough for the monthly expenses.

I've paid my taxes on the salary received, but in ITR-1 form, the name of the employer is not mentioned as it falls under the category "SCH IT-Details of Advance Tax and Self Assessment Tax Payments". What should I do?

I've salary slips from this employer, but they don't mention about the mode of payment. I've already uploaded these salary slips in ImmiAccount.

I've the salary certificate from this employer, but it does not mention that the salary was paid by cash. I can try and get a revised salary certificate mentioning that the salary was paid by cash, if that helps. Though I'm not sure whether they will entertain such a request now, but I can try.

If you have faced such issues, please let me know how did you tackle them.

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

If possible try and arrange for a revised salary certificate mentioning that the salary was paid by cash.

THERE are cases where applicants have provided the following documents for Employment and have received Grants:

* Employment Offer
* Experience / Relieving Letter
* Increment/Promotion Letter
* Statutory Declaration / Employer Reference Letter (provided to ACS)

WHEREAS few people were asked to provide more documents LIKE Payslips/Bank Statements/Tax related documents etc..

Hi All,

I was going through my documents and realized something odd which I had completely forgotten as it has been a couple of years.

My previous employer where I worked from April 2013 to November 2013 is a very small company (less than 5 employees). They paid me my salary by cash without deducting any tax at source. Any ways, the total salary I earned from them for that year was below the taxable limit. However, my offer letter mentions that the salary will be paid by cheque. Will this create a problem? I can not give bank statements as the salary was way too less to be deposited - it was just enough for the monthly expenses.

I've paid my taxes on the salary received, but in ITR-1 form, the name of the employer is not mentioned as it falls under the category "SCH IT-Details of Advance Tax and Self Assessment Tax Payments". What should I do?

I've salary slips from this employer, but they don't mention about the mode of payment. I've already uploaded these salary slips in ImmiAccount.

I've the salary certificate from this employer, but it does not mention that the salary was paid by cash. I can try and get a revised salary certificate mentioning that the salary was paid by cash, if that helps. Though I'm not sure whether they will entertain such a request now, but I can try.

If you have faced such issues, please let me know how did you tackle them.

Thanks,
Ankit

Reactions: BulletAK

·
Registered
59 Posts
hiii
My case is same I am getting salary in cash... I uploaded salary certificate from employer or reference letter.. My occupation is software engineer..
co ask for medical today...
My question is that will they do physical verification with my employer or they will call..
If case officer ask for medical after that they do any verification or not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts