1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Express Entry hints

G'Day!

I hope everyone is doing great :)

I'm an Australian working in software development and I'm considering living and working in Canada. I recently discovered Express Entry and now I'm at the point of finding-out how to get all those elusive points in CSR....

I did some research and I have good understanding what I should do, but I also noticed that to get extra points I need to consider a high IELTS score, applying for PNP, etc...

I would appreciate if anyone can provide me with hints and pointers on how to get points and make it a smooth experience....

About me:

I have 12+ years of experience in software development. (Bachelor of science in computing)
- Married with no kids.
- 35 years olds.
- A masters programme candidate. (Degree not awarded yet)

Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello World!

I'm creating this thread to document and share my experience with EE. I'm still in the early stages of EE ... I will provide as much details as possible and any interaction with the thread is much appreciated....

Have a lovely day...

The Oz

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About me + my ECA

Hello Again!

About me: I'm a mid-30s married man and I started working on my EE lately.

I work in IT and I have over 12 years of experience in this field with Australian and overseas experience.

Lately I applied for an ECA from World Education Services WES and I received the latter recently. It was a smooth experience.

Today I'm registering for a General Training IELTS exams....

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
G'Day!

I hope everyone is doing great :)

I'm an Australian working in software development and I'm considering living and working in Canada. I recently discovered Express Entry and now I'm at the point of finding-out how to get all those elusive points in CSR....

I did some research and I have good understanding what I should do, but I also noticed that to get extra points I need to consider a high IELTS score, applying for PNP, etc...

I would appreciate if anyone can provide me with hints and pointers on how to get points and make it a smooth experience....

About me:

I have 12+ years of experience in software development. (Bachelor of science in computing)
- Married with no kids.
- 35 years olds.
- A masters programme candidate. (Degree not awarded yet)

Cheers
two short points to cosnider:

1- Get CLB9 score on all IELTS bands which If you are a native speaker should be a problem. This alone should get you way ahead of everyone in the pool with more than 450-500 points.
2- Look for PNP at Ontario and Alberta as both are taking in alot of IT professionals.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
two short points to cosnider:

1- Get CLB9 score on all IELTS bands which If you are a native speaker should be a problem. This alone should get you way ahead of everyone in the pool with more than 450-500 points.
2- Look for PNP at Ontario and Alberta as both are taking in alot of IT professionals.

Goodluck!
Cheers mate....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Again!

About me: I'm a mid-30s married man and I started working on my EE lately.

I work in IT and I have over 12 years of experience in this field with Australian and overseas experience.

Lately I applied for an ECA from World Education Services WES and I received the latter recently. It was a smooth experience.

Today I'm registering for a General Training IELTS exams....

Cheers
- My IELTS test on the 8th (speaking) and the 9th of September .... My target is CLB9+
- I'm not researching CIPS because it was mentioned on the SINP web pages for people working in IT.

·
Registered
74 Posts
- My IELTS test on the 8th (speaking) and the 9th of September .... My target is CLB9+
- I'm not researching CIPS because it was mentioned on the SINP web pages for people working in IT.
Goodluck on IETLS exam.

Keep looking out for nominations as provinces usually open applicants for hours and then close

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goodluck on IETLS exam.

Keep looking out for nominations as provinces usually open applicants for hours and then close
Hey mate.... I appreciate your replies... They are really helpful..... How do I get a nomination as I'm researching this topic now and I'm a bit lost...

IELTS is my next step to be in the EE pool... But not sure what's afterwards.

Cheers

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
405 ...

Cheers mate...
Get CLB9 on your next exam (7 points on each band) and you will receive extra 50 points , that should get you on the top 15% of the current pool and your ITA will be inevitable .

Regards,,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
405 ...
Cheers mate...
Get CLB9 on your next exam (7 points on each band) and you will receive extra 50 points , that should get you on the top 15% of the current pool and your ITA will be inevitable .

Regards,,

@yiso91 Cheers mate!

When I used the CSR tool I entered CLB9 as my english language level ... (i.e. 7 all bands)

I received 405 ....

What do you think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well , then you definitely need nomination or a job offer to get a chance for ITA ..current cutoff are too high and it wont go 40 points at time soon.

Regards,,,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try to work your English to CLB9 .. it's your only possible option since job offers or nominations are always harder to get by

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
Better go and speak to either association and ask if they can certify your experience.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I received a reply from an SINP official stating that it's possible to apply for the programme without licensure which will put your application on hold

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.