Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got sub-class 489 visa invite from SA based on my 50 pts of EOI. It requires me to elodge with visa payment before 27 June, 2015. I am yet to do so.

However, my latest IELTS report came up few days ago and I got 7 band in each module, which enables me to add 10 more pts so that I am eligible to apply 190.

May I have your kind advice on how possible I can change my application to 190 before the deadline of 489 elodgement and how I can communicate with DIBP and SA Immi Office to do it?

By the way, my occupation in SA State Nominated Occupation Lists has been closed and its status is shown as "Special Conditions Apply". It is quite uncertain whether it will be re-opened on 1 July or not.

Thanks much!

Regards,
Daniel

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've got sub-class 489 visa invite from SA based on my 50 pts of EOI. It requires me to elodge with visa payment before 27 June, 2015. I am yet to do so.

However, my latest IELTS report came up few days ago and I got 7 band in each module, which enables me to add 10 more pts so that I am eligible to apply 190.

May I have your kind advice on how possible I can change my application to 190 before the deadline of 489 elodgement and how I can communicate with DIBP and SA Immi Office to do it?

By the way, my occupation in SA State Nominated Occupation Lists has been closed and its status is shown as "Special Conditions Apply". It is quite uncertain whether it will be re-opened on 1 July or not.

Thanks much!

Regards,
Daniel
You can wait till your invitation expires and then submit new EOI or update existing to 190 with new IELTS scores. After this you can wait for new invitation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can wait till your invitation expires and then submit new EOI or update existing to 190 with new IELTS scores. After this you can wait for new invitation.
Thanks for your advice.

Now the trouble is that my occupation's quota of this fiscal year has been used up and it is uncertain whether it will be re-opened in next FY (starting from 1 July 2015). If I wait till 489 invite expires and my occupation does not appear on the next FY SNOL, I will have no possibility to apply any visa. Moreover, it seems I cannot update the existing EOI until my invite expires.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for your advice.

Now the trouble is that my occupation's quota of this fiscal year has been used up and it is uncertain whether it will be re-opened in next FY (starting from 1 July 2015). If I wait till 489 invite expires and my occupation does not appear on the next FY SNOL, I will have no possibility to apply any visa. Moreover, it seems I cannot update the existing EOI until my invite expires.
In that case, you should start lodging 489 visa else you might not get opportunity later if your occupation is removed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts