Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just about to start my process for NZ Immigration, doing on my own without any agents and needing your advices, first I calculated my points

Me (Main Applicant)

Study: BSc Computer Engineering then MS Total Quality Management (expected level 9) (points 70)
Experience : 6yr+ in 261314-software tester ( 30 points)
Ielts: 6.5
Skills Shortage List: Yes (15 points)

Partner Marks

ielts: 5.5
Qualification: MPhil Education (18 year) (Expected level 9) (20 points)

I and my wife from Pakistan and our Qualification are not in exempt list.

With expexted165 marks, we hope to get through all stages soon. Will be needing forum members expert advices time to time.

Regards

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On First Step: NZQA IQA Assessment

I am planning to bypass NZQA PAR and saving (13$8+138$) for me and my wife and going for IQA directly(746$+746$).

looking forward to any advice from members :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dears I came across below info

"In about the last half-year, NZQA have been instructed by the NZ government to tell all those with an engineering component of some kind required in their bachelor's degree for LTSSL bonus points to get their qualifications checked by IPENZ, if they're not a Washington Accord degree. This includes computer engineering, as in the LTSSL list here http://skillshortages.immigration.go...pport-officer/, which is the same for many ICT jobs"

Should I start my application at IPENZ parallel to NZQA IQA application to save time, or wait for IQA Assessment result, any suggestions??

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi all,

Just about to start my process for NZ Immigration, doing on my own without any agents and needing your advices, first I calculated my points

Me (Main Applicant)

Study: BSc Computer Engineering then MS Total Quality Management (expected level 9) (points 70)

Partner Marks

With expexted165 marks, we hope to get through all stages soon. Will be needing forum members expert advices time to time.

Regards
Ok, so these points are just hypothetical...you know that yes ?
Because you need both yours and wife's qualifications assessed before you can claim points for them as neither of them are recognized.

I see you are expecting (guessing) an equivalent of Level 9 for your MS Total Quality Management (70 points) then Level 7 for the BSc Computer Engineering which will be used for the LTSSL bonus points associated with your occupation ?
Just be aware that there is a reason why qualifications obtained in Pakistan are NOT exempt from assessment. In my opinion it is because Pakistan obtained degrees aren't to a sufficient standard as measured in NZ, so just making you aware your expectations may not be reached ?

Another thing I've spotted is your degrees - BSc Computer Engineering and MS Total Quality Management seem to be completely different to me - to claim all these points you write of, your occupation, work experience and qualifications should match so that may raise an issue if they don't ?

Another thing I've spotted is with your partner. You cannot claim any partner points as your wife does not meet the minimum English Language Requirement as that of a partner 'that is claiming partner points'. To be eligible to claim partner points she must pass IELTS at minimum overall 6.5 (same minimum level as that of a principal applicant), NOT 5.5 as you state. Without this she is not eligible and your EOI would be rejected after Preliminary Checking after being pulled from the pool for having points of at least 160 which is currently the magic number for EOI selection.

Another thing to note : If you as the principal applicant do not have ANY NZ work experience, ANY NZ study experience and DO NOT have a job offer in NZ you WILL NOT be approved Resident Visa in the first instance - you are not eligible - new rules that came in August 2017 states you have to have one of the three to be eligible for RV. Assuming all is ok with your application, you (as Principal Applicant) will only be awarded Job Search Visa JSV which will allow you to come here to live and find a job then once you have a written job offer you can then inform INZ who should then approve the RV for you and any partner/dependents.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi all,

Me (Main Applicant)

Partner Marks

Regards
Just a note when qualifying for partners qualification points, your partner needed the same level of english competency as the primary application. This means your partner also need minimum of 6.5 in all components.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
On First Step: NZQA IQA Assessment

I am planning to bypass NZQA PAR and saving (13$8+138$) for me and my wife and going for IQA directly(746$+746$).

looking forward to any advice from members :)
PAR is $138 per qualification, and don't you have two of them you need assessment for ? This would mean PAR would cost you 3 x $138.

If you are sure you'll be able to score a minimum 160 points on the EOI and migration to NZ is a serious path for you to take then it is sensible to go straight for IQA instead of PAR as IQA is mandatory for the ITA stage anyway.
You can have up to five qualifications assessed per person under IQA for the same price $746 each.

Unless you sort out the issue with your wife not meeting the minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5, any money and time spent on her qualification assessment is wasted as she would not be able to claim the points.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Dears I came across below info

"In about the last half-year, NZQA have been instructed by the NZ government to tell all those with an engineering component of some kind required in their bachelor's degree for LTSSL bonus points to get their qualifications checked by IPENZ, if they're not a Washington Accord degree. This includes computer engineering, as in the LTSSL list here http://skillshortages.immigration.go...pport-officer/, which is the same for many ICT jobs"

Should I start my application at IPENZ parallel to NZQA IQA application to save time, or wait for IQA Assessment result, any suggestions??
If it was me I'd wait until I was advised to go for IPENZ assessment before doing it. If you have the time and assuming there is zero cost, maybe start or complete the IPENZ application, locate documents etc etc but just hold off actually submitting and paying the money until you are advised to do so. If you do get through to the ITA stage you will have 4 months to gather all the necessary evidence including IPENZ assessment if necessary.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just a note when qualifying for partners qualification points, your partner needed the same level of english competency as the primary application. This means your partner also need minimum of 6.5 in all components.
Dear farazfaheem,
Thanks for responding. I am confused about partner ielts requirement as below official statement (august 2017) states ielts 5 required as below shows

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/forms-and-guides/inz1060.pdf

Can please show any link on site to verify that besides points indicator...many thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
escapedtonz;13427290 PAR is $138 per qualification said:
Dear escapedtonz,
First of all thanks for responding, I must appreciate the true spirit of this group of helping each other ( although not easy for me to digest things which don't go in my favour ;))
We have decided to retake wife ielts to get 6.5 overall and meanwhile will continue with my (Main Applicant) Nzqa IQA process.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I submitted IQA application today (18-10-2017). I sent certified scanned documents with Skill Shortage Form and Coversheet. I am confused at one point as Coversheet states states my degree awarding Institute needs to send attested documents directly to NZQA, is this really the case?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
I submitted IQA application today (18-10-2017). I sent certified scanned documents with Skill Shortage Form and Coversheet. I am confused at one point as Coversheet states states my degree awarding Institute needs to send attested documents directly to NZQA, is this really the case?
Yes.
It is a method of combating fraud.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
I submitted IQA application on (18-10-2017) which moved to Allocation step on 19-10-2017 but still waiting for accessor officer(19-11-2017), can anyone please tell how much time should I expect for officer allocation and complete process?
Seems you are waiting to be allocated a Case Officer. If you have submitted with a job offer it is likely to take up to a couple of months before your case is allocated but in general it is much faster than this. If you have not submitted with a job offer your application is the least priority and allocation can take up to 6 months and generally does take a long time before processing kicks off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today(3-12-2017) I received parcel containing Nzqa IQA Recognition Statement, Thanks Allah :)

Here are some stats:
Application date: 18-10-2017
Recognition Statement date: 27-11-2017

On online portal it's still showing application awaiting process, looks like status changes quiet late.

I submitted IQA application on (18-10-2017) which moved to Allocation step on 19-10-2017 but still waiting for accessor officer(19-11-2017), can anyone please tell how much time should I expect for officer allocation and complete process?
Seems you are waiting to be allocated a Case Officer. If you have submitted with a job offer it is likely to take up to a couple of months before your case is allocated but in general it is much faster than this. If you have not submitted with a job offer your application is the least priority and allocation can take up to 6 months and generally does take a long time before processing kicks off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just for help to other ppl applying from Pakistan.
1. Matriculation and Intermediate degrees needs to be verified from IBCC
2. Degrees higher than intermediate needs to be verified from HEC.
3. No need to send attested copies to NZQA directly from degree awarding institutions(as HEC will only attest degrees if pre requisite degrees(matriculation, intermediate)are attested from IBCC and IBCC will only attest after boards verification)

Yes.
It is a method of combating fraud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dears I have got response from Nzqa and not asked to consult IPENZ, can I assume I will get extra marks for occupation in skills Shortage area (261314 Software Tester)

Today(3-12-2017) I received parcel containing Nzqa IQA Recognition Statement, Thanks Allah

Here are some stats:
Application date: 18-10-2017
Recognition Statement date: 27-11-2017

On online portal it's still showing application awaiting process, looks like status changes quiet late.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Dears I have got response from Nzqa and not asked to consult IPENZ, can I assume I will get extra marks for occupation in skills Shortage area (261314 Software Tester)
If you satisfy the requirements for 261314 Software Tester exactly (as stated in the requirements column of the occupation on the LTSSL) then you can claim the bonus points.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dear escapedtonz,

Thanks for response, Recognition statement states,

"The qualification accessed above as comparable to New Zealand Qualifications Framework Level 7 meets the credit and knowledge requirements of a qualification listed under the occupation of software tester"

If you satisfy the requirements for 261314 Software Tester exactly (as stated in the requirements column of the occupation on the LTSSL) then you can claim the bonus points.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi flying bird. Firstly thanks for the tips for NZQA assessment requirements. Myself also doing it and want to ask that as a first step should I get my degrees attested from Pakistan? What is IBCC?? I m missing it...then what is procedure to get verified by HEC

Please clarify thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi flying bird. Firstly thanks for the tips for NZQA assessment requirements. Myself also doing it and want to ask that as a first step should I get my degrees attested from Pakistan? What is IBCC?? I m missing it...then what is procedure to get verified by HEC

Please clarify thanks
There is no need to attest SSC and HSSC certificates from IBCC, however, degrees must be attested from HEC by sending documents through TCS. Please refer to the below link for detailed info.

Degree Attestation System

1 - 20 of 27 Posts