Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 23 year old Canadian college student - expecting to graduate in 2011 with an Advanced College Diploma in Advertising.

I want to move to Australia so I can live and work (for an indefinite period of time) what is my best route to go?

I have about 4-5 years in Sales & Marketing, and when I plan to move (early-mid 2011) I'll have two more years experience under my belt, but just freshly graduated.

I'm wondering being Canadian, what my best options are to become a PR in Australia? I've even considered acquiring a University Degree from Griffith (my college program has an agreement with them, so I can finish it in 1 year)

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can check out both routes.

1. Skill (Advertising) - expect at least 1 yr of processing time (possibly 2 yrs) if you are not sponsored. Also most skills have a work experience requirement of at least 4 yrs.
2. Degree, you get a degree from an AU Univeristy, then you apply for the PR route through that, I believe the new rules say you get a temp visa first and then 2 yrs later you get a PR visa.

I would say the degree path has more certainty unless you are really sure your advertising experience level is sufficient to meet the skill requirement.

I'm a 23 year old Canadian college student - expecting to graduate in 2011 with an Advanced College Diploma in Advertising.

I want to move to Australia so I can live and work (for an indefinite period of time) what is my best route to go?

I have about 4-5 years in Sales & Marketing, and when I plan to move (early-mid 2011) I'll have two more years experience under my belt, but just freshly graduated.

I'm wondering being Canadian, what my best options are to become a PR in Australia? I've even considered acquiring a University Degree from Griffith (my college program has an agreement with them, so I can finish it in 1 year)

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts