Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have received my Grant, so thought of sharing my experience for the benefits of others.

My journey started in 2012 end, when I got interested in migrating to Australia. When I first calculated my points, it was coming upto 60 points, 30 for my age, 15 for my qualification and 15 points for my work exp. Then I started preparing for IELTS and also sent all the document to ACS for assessment. After 3 montsh I received my ACS result. Though ACS assessment was positive but they deducted 6 years from my overall 8 years coz my current work doesn’t match with my qualification. I am SAP HCM consultant but commerce graduate. So now points for my exp reduced from 15 to 0 and my overall score fell to 45. Only hope left was IELTS. Was targeting a score of atleast 7 in each section. But unfortunately, writing pulled me back with 6.5. In other sections I scored b/w 7.5 – 8.5. I was disappointed but still didn’t loose hope. I immediately started preparing for my IELTS again. Again after 3 months I appeared for the exam. But sadly, again the same score. I lost all hope, but thanks to my family who helped me come out of that disappointment.

In Dec’2013, I got a call from a consultancy called Oplentus. There was a lady Haritha who said that oplentus will help you get your visa. I said my points are less. I already tried IELTS twice and have not cleared it. Also I have no plans of writing it again. She said we have a team of experts. You don’t have to write IELTS again and we will give you in writing that Visa will be granted or full amount will be refunded. I got convinced. I thought that they are experts, may be they know something that I don’t know or I missed to see. I was asked a fee of 75000, I said I will pay 25000 first and rest in installments. I made a payment of 25000. She told me that after a week a case officer will be assigned and she will help you with further processing. After a week I got a call from the case officer to discuss on my profile. Then she said your points are less and only option is to write IELTS again and get 7 bands in each section. I was backstabbed. The salesperson of Oplentus gave me false assurances and took advantage of the situation. I told the case officer that I made it very clear that I am not writing IELTS again. Onegood thing I did was that I wrote this earlier in my conversation email with the salesperson. Then I asked for refund. They said you will have to wait for 3 months. After 3 months, they refunded my amount by not before deducting 5000 as their Admin charges.

Then came year 2014 when I got married . Soon after marriage I again started preparing for IELTS. I said this time I will invest more time on preparation. Did not want to leave any stones unturned. I prepared for 4 months and gave my IELTS again. And this time again, writing shattered my dreams. It was like Cambridge had a default score assigned to my profile, irrespective of what I do I should not be given a score of more than 6.5. That was the time I lost my dream and gave up.
Then only option I could see was Canada. Though I was not so keen in moving to Canada, but that was the only option I had. I then sent all my documents to Canada for assessment, but by the time I could get the assessment result, old FSW scheme was out and new schema – Express entry was introduced which was similar to Australia immigration process. Candidates with highest rank gets the invitation first. But there was a twist in the story. You had maximum of 1200 points to be claimed, out of which 600 can be claimed for your age, work, qualification, and all other factors and 600 only if you have state nomination or a job in Canada. So all those who had jobs in hand, had an edge over others. So in Jan’2015, with no option left applied under Express entry. Still waiting for invitation from them. As per the last report. Points have reached 400 and my points are 357. Will soon receive invitation from Canada ;)

Then this year in Feb, one of my office colleague came to me and asked me about my Australia plans. I told him I am unable to clear IELTS so I gave up. Then he suggested me to write PTE. Even he wrote IELTS 4 times but then in 1st attempt he cleared PTE. He advised me to write at any cost. Then I saw little hope. I went back home and pulled back all my books back and started preparing again. On March 28th I gave my PTE exam. On March 29th, it was Sunday and I was glued to my laptop since morning. At around 10:00 AM I got an email that my results are out. I was so nervous on this day. This was the moment that will decide my destiny. When I saw my results, I almost fainted. After so much struggle I was finally able to make it. I cleared PTE with 90 out 90 in writing. I was on top of this world. Then on the same day I submitted my EOI.

I was expecting that it will take minimum a month to receive invitation. But by god grace received my invitation on the 4th day i.e, on 02.04.2015. I gathered all my documents and submitted it by 09.04.2015. By this time I almost had it my mind time that now there is no stopping. Then after a month NSW approved my application and that one single GRAND DOOR to visa application was opened for me. I was so excited, got all my documents ready and very next day sat to pay the Visa fee. But there was a surprise waiting for me. My visa payment was not going through. I was not able to pay the fee with my debit card, coz daily transaction limit on my card was 100000. I then called my bank’s help desk to increase the limit.He increased it and asked me to try after 24 hours. I was happy that atleast next day I will be able to make the payment. But sadly same message again. I called the call center again and they said you will have to go to the branch and get it done from there. It was Saturday so I had to wait until Monday. Then finally money arrived and flew to bank within no time. I shared my complete story with them and said I have to make the payment in 3 days, just to get more attention from them. Then they were on their toes running from one team to another to get this done. Then one of their team confirmed that limit is increased and I can make the payment after 1 day. I again waited for a day. But to my bad luck again the same message. I was almost loosing my cool with this frequent irritating message. I again approached the bank on this and they said they will look into it on priority. I then came back home fully tensed. Then my brother came and suggested me one approach. He said your credit card limit is 2,50,000. Make a payment of 2,90,000 for the card. With this bank will owe you additional 40000 which will be added to the credit limit. I didn’t believe it earlier, but thought of trying it once. Then my luck came back. My making an extra payment my credit limit did increase from 2,50,000 to 2,90,000. I then immediately made the payment.

But this was not the end, we had documents to be submitted. Uploaded all generic documents like passport copy, ACS letter and so on. Pending documents were PCC and medicals. Then I read about PCC on Expats forum, that if your current address is same as your passport address,then you will be given PCC on the same day. But my address was different. I shifted to the new house 2 years back but did not got it updated on my passport. Also few shared that passport officer did not issue PCC to few coz they didn’t had spouse details updated. Here issue was both in my and my wife’s passport addresses were different and we didn’t had each other’s name on it. Then I started finding out if there will be any issue if we change our passports now. Then I came know about form 929. But then there was a problem of address proof for my wife. She did not had anything on this new address. Only thing that could work is my passport. But that itself had old address. Then I decided to apply my passport first under Tatkal and then my wife can use my new passport as address proof for her. I applied and instead of 3 days I got my passport after 6 days. Then on the same day police officer came for enquiry. He was so irritating, not sure who made him police officer. He was cribbing about all proofs. I had Aadhar card and voter card as my address proof. But he needed something else to show that I live here for more than a year. Then in the end I gave him my flat’s sale deed, only then he went. Uff..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then next week my wife also applied for passport under tatkal and she received her passport very next day and did not require any police verification. That was real quick. We updated form 929 for both of us and uploaded on our immiaccount.

We then immediately booked our slots for PCC. We both went in and in the last counter I got my PCC but wife didn’t. If your last passport address is different or if was issued without police verification, then a police verification is required before issuing PCC. As my wife’s passport was issued without police verification, so for PCC police verification was required. Then we waited for police verification. Then on one fine beautiful weekend, he appeared again, the same monster who came for my police verification. I couldn’t believe it. I was like not againnnnnn.. I cant handle this guy again, but I had to do it. I greeted him politely, trying to be nice to him. He then asked address proof for my wife and I gave my passport. He said this will not work. I said it should coz based on this address proof we got her passport. Then he asked SUPER INTELLIGENT QUESTION. FROM WHERE YOU GOT THE PASSPORT??? I was like what should I answer him? Shall I say it was on sale in BigBazar and we went got it for cheap.. I said on passport website it is mentioned that you can show spouse passport copy as address proof. He accepted but didn’t look satisfied. Then he left.. We took relief, but were worried. If he did not send clear report then we will not get PCC. So whole one day we were little tensed. But next evening on my wife mobile message came to come and collect PCC. We were like Yes, we made it. Then next day we went and collected her PCC. But there was an interesting fact I saw. On first day when we went for PCC, I got my PCC in just 45 mins. But when we just went to collect my wife’s pcc, it took us 2 hours coz staff usually comes late. So the person who was to issue the PCC came at 10:30 instead of 8:30. But PCC was the only thing we were interested in, so we could invest additional 2 hours for our dreams.

As soon we were out of the passport office, we received a mail from CO requesting for PCC for my wife. It was like he was following us and as soon as he saw us coming out of the passport office he said “Now wisely hand it over to me and nobody gets hurt ;)”. We sent the PCC on the same day. Atleast we didn’t had to live in confusion if the CO is assigned or not.

For medicals there was no issue and got clear report in just 2 days.

Then every day I use to check my email to see if there is any email from GSM. On 26.06.2015 we received a delay mail from our CO. But I was positive I knew only 4 days are left for July and Grants will soon be released.

Then came 1st July, lucky date for many who have been waiting since January. On 1st and 2nd July I did not leave Expats forum. I was on top of each topic, getting all details I could get. It was like a stock broker glued to his screen, trying to get all details for this trades. Even in office I only had expats forum on my screen. Luckily there was no work these 2 days;). Then yesterday I saw fews posts of people calling CO and getting their grants. But by that time it was already 7:00PM in Australia. So I decided to call my CO next day morning.

Today on 3rd July I called my CO, and after 2 attempts I was able to get him on call. He asked me my file number and I provided him. Then there was a silence for 2 mins. I was literally praying to God.. GOD pls pls, Let this be my day. Then CO came back and asked to check my mail box, a notification will be sent in 15 mins. Still he didn’t confirm anything on call. Then after 5 mins, I got the mail I have been waiting for from past 2.5 years .

But wait..What is this?? Both grants had old passport numbers. I again browsed through Visa bible, Expats forum. I saw few posts on this where people got grants with old passport numbers. They all contacted their CO and got revised one in 4-5 days. I immediately called my CO and informed him. He said he will correct and send the revised grants in few mins. Then after 10 mins I got my revised Grants with new passport numbers. That was it. I had Grants which I always dreamt of.

In the end, Firstly, I would like to Thank God, who always graced me with his blessings. Secondly, my family who always motivated me and helped me fulfill all my dreams. Lastly, Expats Forum users, who always helped me in with their valuable feedbacks and suggestions. Without you guys It would have been so difficult for me to lodge my Visa.
Sincere Thanks to all those who have helped me with their valuable suggestions.

Will write again Once I land in Sydney with my experience on grabbing opportunities ;) so stay tuned :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
so sweet. You seem really happy Manjyot. Enjoy your visas!!!!! happyy for you :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so sweet. You seem really happy Manjyot. Enjoy your visas!!!!! happyy for you :)
Thank you so much Alena... Yes I am very happy.. Atlast I made it after so much struggle. I know there are many like me who got grants after much struggle. M happy for them too :)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Quite a long journey indeed. But, I am glad you succeeded in the end.

the same monster ... it was on sale in BigBazar and we went got it for cheap
:rofl:
It was like he was following us and as soon as he saw us coming out of the passport office
:yo:

I again browsed through Visa bible, Expats forum.
:thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Manjyot congrats really goes to show that if you want something real bad and keep trying you will eventually get it. All the best for your journey ahead keep us posted.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Congrats Manjyot,
A well deserved and hard earned Grant. Its an inspiration for people like us who are starting their journey or waiting for the invite.

Laughed a lot at your comment on Case office Following you to hand over the PCC before anyone gets hurt further.

As they say one journey has finished and the other starts. All the best for the next phase.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Very nice write up, I totally understand how excited you must be.
I've a similar story, as you can see from my Expatforum joining date. I too have been planning this since 2012, finally a success after 3 attempts for IELTS and a negative ACS assessment.
I guess it's all destiny, things just fall in place when they have to.
I remember during my first attempt 3 years back, my manager did not even agree to give me an R&R letter, while this time around my manager(diff one) helped with external check as well.

Best wishes for your future :plane:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite a long journey indeed. But, I am glad you succeeded in the end.

:rofl:
:yo:

:thumb:
Thank u so much buddy :):)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Manjyot congrats really goes to show that if you want something real bad and keep trying you will eventually get it. All the best for your journey ahead keep us posted.
Yes Binu.. bad days always come and I even gave up once. But somehow God did not want it to end that way. So he again filled motivation in me and then I succeeded.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats Manjyot,
A well deserved and hard earned Grant. Its an inspiration for people like us who are starting their journey or waiting for the invite.

Laughed a lot at your comment on Case office Following you to hand over the PCC before anyone gets hurt further.

As they say one journey has finished and the other starts. All the best for the next phase.
Thanks Sukesh :):)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice write up, I totally understand how excited you must be.
I've a similar story, as you can see from my Expatforum joining date. I too have been planning this since 2012, finally a success after 3 attempts for IELTS and a negative ACS assessment.
I guess it's all destiny, things just fall in place when they have to.
I remember during my first attempt 3 years back, my manager did not even agree to give me an R&R letter, while this time around my manager(diff one) helped with external check as well.

Best wishes for your future :plane:
Yes Ramesh, we all had tough times getting things done. But made it.. But we just completed Level I, Level II is yet to come when we land in AU. So all the very best for your next level :)

Reactions: pumbaa_g

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations and all the best. From which city you are from?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Happy for u Manjyot. Congratulations brother

Sent from my HTC One using Expat Forum

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
@Manjyot : That was hell of a journey mate...Best wishes for a new life...:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for inspiring me to start all over again....i owe this to you

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for inspiring me to start all over again....i owe this to you
M happy I could motivate someone. Also in your signature you have mentioned IELTS Score. I am not sure if you are planning for IELTS again. If yes, then please drop it and go for PTE.. Looking at your score I guarantee you that you will be able to clear it in one go..

1 - 20 of 84 Posts