Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am an expat from the beautiful lands of the Philippines

So I came from the Philippines and have been staying in Dubai for less than a year. I have arrived here in Dubai, on February 18 2017. the first thing that greeted me after I got down the plane, was the train inside the airport. I was amazed by how it was a driver-less train, it was the first time a have seen a train like that since in the Philippines there is no automated train like here in Dubai, also the glass barrier between the metro rails and the loading dock, it was a great idea to prevent accidents(how I wished we had those in the ph). After I got down the metro inside the airport I was amazed on how the line in the immigration was. it was soooooo long, some were cutting in line some were just waiting patiently for their turn, now this was nothing new to me since in the PH there were always people who cut in line. I was confused at first, on where I would fall in line, since there was no one to assist me, or so I thought, a few moments later a "Kabayan" who worked at the airport approached me and assisted me on where I should queue. after that I waited and waited and waited till it came my turn, so there was this one odd camera in the immigration stand I don't know what it is and what is does so i just looked at it and smiled. then it suddenly flashed then the I.O.(immigration officer) told me to pass after checking my papers and that flash. Since no one was there to pick me up I just grabbed a taxi and rode to my home.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Never mind.....just realised it's someone trying to advertise their services. Dang it....so disappointed! I'm going to close this thread. Sorry folks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.