Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello guys
first of all i would like to thank everybody for the great effort in here.

2nd, i have a problem and i really need an experts advice and guidance please.

i will start form the begging,
we have an agent in my country and it seems that its the only registered agent in here.
before almost 9 months i attended their seminar about Australia and the life over there because moving to Australia is my biggest dream.
they started to show us how living in Australia in just great and the education and medical care is totally free and how easily yo can get alot of money there.
and then the guy started to explain the points and you should at least get 50 to immigrate because you get 10 points from state sponsorship.

i asked him and i told him im a civil engineer and i get 50 points he said Australia really needs civil engineers and for sure you can get 10 points from state sponsorship if you cant get 7 each in ielts.
i made an appointment and had a meeting with the lawyer and he started to explain to me the process and i felt that they were very simple so i trusted him and signed a contract.

the contract says that half of his fees should be payed in advance to start the process and the other half after getting the positive assessment (the occupation in the contract is civil engineer)

i started preparing for ielts and i got 6 each and start writing my cdr according to his guidance to get my assessment. then i finish the Engineers Australia payment and my agent sent my document.

after 3 months my agent sent me an email and said that EA gave me an assessment for Engineer Technologist not Civil Engineer as my certificates, my Kuwait society of engineers card and my experience.

i wasn't feeling comfortable for that and they started to tell me that it doesn't matter the occupation name you can work whatever you want once you landed there.

the problem was that i tried so hard to get the extra 10 point to travel by 189 visa but with no success ( 2 times IELTS and 5 times PTE)

and then i discovered that my occupation is flagged and might be removed and also my agent never mentioned me anything about that.

and finally i decided to travel by state sponsorship, the problem is that we couldn't find state sponsorship for Engineer Technologists unlike civil engineer (so the assessment occupation does matters).

i made an appointment with the lawyer and we decided that he will start the process for getting me a state sponsorship in Norther Territory and my wife will make a PTE exam to make her assessment as well so she can give me extra 5 points so i can go with 190 visa.

and then i discovered that NT does not give state sponsorship for Engineering technologist and i knew then that the lawyer was confused between Engineering Technologist and Civil Engineer Technical.

my wife attended her PTE exam but also with no success.

his secretary sent me an email reminds me to finish my payment and then i told her about the problem (that NT does not sponsor the occupation i got), in the beginning she told me no NT gives you a state sponsorship without even checking ! and then when she realized that she is wrong, she told me that the lawyer will contact me (he was outside the country).

after 1 week she called me to remind me my payment again without caring of my problem and when i asked her about it she said "finish your payment first and we will discuss about that" i refused to give them any more money until they gave me a true information not false ones as usual then she told me that the lawyer will contact with me about that.

and now i found an email from them, they said that the cancelled my contract because i didn't finish my payment.

i didn't want to take any action back without talking to the lawyer and then when i talked to him in Whatsapp he simply said "we wasted a lot of time with you" and when i told him the the assessment you gave me is different than the one in the contract and i told him i want to make an appointment with you to solve it and if we couldn't solve it we will finish it on the court, he said "no appointment for you and good luck with you in the court"

i checked their Facebook page and found a lot of people complaining about giving them false information and being dishonest with them and i discovered that they make a fake visa for a random name and posted in Facebook and start greeting to that random name to encourage people to come to the agent (i have evidence)

i'm sorry for being boring but i need some advices guys before going to court and do i have the right to ask for my money back because the gave me an assessment different than the one in the contract ?
i really don't want anyone else to be cheated on as me because I've wasted a lot of money and effort for that and only god know how much i need every dollar right now because i'm getting married.
so if anyone knows how to make a complaint to Australian government or what i should really do because the agent is using the people needs under the name of "only registered agent"

waiting for you and thanks in advance =]

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much nevertouchme

i will prepare all the documents and evidences needed and make a complaint

i hope they will be fair with me

thanks again brother

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
every time when i finish the complaint and when i try to submit ...i face an error form their system
has anyone faced that before ?!

·
Registered
161 Posts
What's the name of the agent co ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pls also look for email ids on the MARA website. There have to be multiple ways of getting this highlighted to their notice.

Alternately, till the time the MARA board takes action, you must write to your agent with a CC to the complaints department, so the agent is aware of the consequences & may agree to refund your money.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pls also look for email ids on the MARA website. There have to be multiple ways of getting this highlighted to their notice.

Alternately, till the time the MARA board takes action, you must write to your agent with a CC to the complaints department, so the agent is aware of the consequences & may agree to refund your money.:)

Try a different browser it should work.

ACS +ve: Jan 12 - Analyst programmer | 189 SI| EOI: Jan 10| Invitation : Feb 12 | E-Visa Applied : March 30 |Multiple PCC April 17(Kuwait,India) | MEDS: April 23 | CO: May 20(Delay Mail) |Grant: July 6

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

i told him that i want to make an appointment with him trying to solve the issue but he said "no appointment for you i've wasted alot of time with you, you can go to the court, end of discussion"

i think when i send to MARA my complaint they will let him now in their way, i have evidence of his fake marketing so i will make another complaint about that

Try a different browser it should work.

ACS +ve: Jan 12 - Analyst programmer | 189 SI| EOI: Jan 10| Invitation : Feb 12 | E-Visa Applied : March 30 |Multiple PCC April 17(Kuwait,India) | MEDS: April 23 | CO: May 20(Delay Mail) |Grant: July 6
tried chrome and firefox but same...tomorrow morning i will reduce the image size using photoshop and try again....hopefully it will work this time

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi ibra88, I would find a lawyer that is expert in contracts because you have a contract and your migration agent didn't work seriously! May your lawyer can file a case so that you can get your money back! Btw there is Google and the Australia immigration webpage that has all information needed to apply for skills assessment and visa! Still can't understand why people are spending a lot of money to these migration agents that are to 90% useless!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi ibra88, I would find a lawyer that is expert in contracts because you have a contract and your migration agent didn't work seriously! May your lawyer can file a case so that you can get your money back! Btw there is Google and the Australia immigration webpage that has all information needed to apply for skills assessment and visa! Still can't understand why people are spending a lot of money to these migration agents that are to 90% useless!
When you make a complaint ....at the end they ask you that you should agree that MARA will be the only one you consult and you should not consult another lawyer or go to court then ....(im not 100% sure about that).

You are totally true my friend and i will answer your question, people think that going by agent will save their time by taking the shortest way, plus, people use agents because they think that they have their own tactics which guarantee the immigrants to immigrate.

Final question, i,ve spent about 3400 AUD only in exams between IELTS & PTE.
in the complaint form when they ask for the action and i choose that i want a refund, they ask for how much....should i just put the agent fees or should i include all my losses because of them ? so should i add 3400 AUD for exams ? ( i have the receipts)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would also like to bring to notice that please check before going in for state nomination. You are obliged to stay in that state for 2 years. Northern Territory is a very scattered state in terms of its development. Population in this state is very low. Getting a job in this state would be very challenging for any migrant, almost any occupation. Please look into these things as well before just blindly believing any agent, person, website, forum or discussion about the wonders of Australia. Please do your own research before taking any decision of migration to Australia considering all things.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would also like to bring to notice that please check before going in for state nomination. You are obliged to stay in that state for 2 years. Northern Territory is a very scattered state in terms of its development. Population in this state is very low. Getting a job in this state would be very challenging for any migrant, almost any occupation. Please look into these things as well before just blindly believing any agent, person, website, forum or discussion about the wonders of Australia. Please do your own research before taking any decision of migration to Australia considering all things.
yes you are true.
that is why i searched online my self and i discovered all the points you just mentioned!
i discovered also that NT does not give state sponsorship for the assessment i got! and all these points the agent never told me about i believe that they just want to make me finish the 2nd half payment after getting a positive assessment as the contract says and then ignore me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is he a registered agent? If yes complain about him!

I'll tell you these agents are only looking to earn money and promise to people that the life in Australia is dream and you will earn a lot of money! But once you arrive here you will realize that the life here can be the hell! I know a lot of people that moved after a few months back in their country because the life is very though especially if you can't a job!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is he a registered agent? If yes complain about him!

I'll tell you these agents are only looking to earn money and promise to people that the life in Australia is dream and you will earn a lot of money! But once you arrive here you will realize that the life here can be the hell! I know a lot of people that moved after a few months back in their country because the life is very though especially if you can't a job!!!
yes he is registered...
and i totally agree with you, that was exactly what he describes at the beginning but after few researches and because of this forum, i realized what you just mentioned.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes he is registered...
and i totally agree with you, that was exactly what he describes at the beginning but after few researches and because of this forum, i realized what you just mentioned.
I think what you need to look at here is what you would like to get out of this.
If you are after a refund, I think getting a lawyer to inform your agent in writing that you are starting legal proceedings to resolve the contract dispute due to false claims, misleading/deceptive conduct on his part, be clear what kind of compensation you are seeking. Cases such as yours are bound by local contract law, something that MARA has no legal standings/control over.
You can also file a complaint with MARA but I doubt they can assist you to get your money back, the best they can do is probably to revoke their licence as a migration agent.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think what you need to look at here is what you would like to get out of this.
If you are after a refund, I think getting a lawyer to inform your agent in writing that you are starting legal proceedings to resolve the contract dispute due to false claims, misleading/deceptive conduct on his part, be clear what kind of compensation you are seeking. Cases such as yours are bound by local contract law, something that MARA has no legal standings/control over.
You can also file a complaint with MARA but I doubt they can assist you to get your money back, the best they can do is probably to revoke their licence as a migration agent.
when i try to submit the complaint, i should agree on some declarations and the first point is :
1- I agree to waive any legal privilege binding the registered migration agent in his/her role as my solicitor, barrister, or legal adviser. This means that I authorise the Authority to obtain any information or documents from the agent related to my complaint.

so i believe once i agreed to submit, i can not go to a local lawyer + while working on my complaint, they asked me for the actions i want to take, one of them i chose a refund and they asked me for how much so i think MARA can force the agent to give me a refund

and finally, to be honest my main purpose of that is to avoid people from getting cheated on from that agent sothat if they just revoke their licence i will be satisfied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts