Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received result of ACS assessment now. Can someone please help me to understand

1. How many points can I claim for Education ? Can I claim for both Degree and Diploma .

2. How many points can I claim for Work experience ?

--- ACS Letter --

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 262113 (Systems Administrator) of the ANZSCO
Code.
Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) from XXXX completed
December 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing
Your Diploma in Electronics Engineering from XXXX completed April
1997 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing
The following employment after March 2004 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and
relevant to 262113 (Systems Administrator) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 02/98 - 05/02 (4yrs 3mths)
Position: XXXX
Employer: Employer -1
Dates: 06/02 - 03/04 (1yrs 9mths)
Employer: Employer -2
Dates: 03/04 - 02/10 (5yrs 11mths)
Position: XXXXX
Employer: Employer -3
Dates: 02/10 - 01/11 (0yrs 11mths)
Employer: Employer -4
Page 2
Dates: 04/11 - 07/13 (2yrs 3mths)
Employer: Employer -5

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have just received result of ACS assessment now. Can someone please help me to understand

1. How many points can I claim for Education ? Can I claim for both Degree and Diploma .

2. How many points can I claim for Work experience ?

--- ACS Letter --

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 262113 (Systems Administrator) of the ANZSCO
Code.
Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) from XXXX completed
December 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing
Your Diploma in Electronics Engineering from XXXX completed April
1997 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing
The following employment after March 2004 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and
relevant to 262113 (Systems Administrator) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 02/98 - 05/02 (4yrs 3mths)
Employer: Employer -1
Dates: 06/02 - 03/04 (1yrs 9mths)
Employer: Employer -2
Dates: 03/04 - 02/10 (5yrs 11mths)
Employer: Employer -3
Dates: 02/10 - 01/11 (0yrs 11mths)
Employer: Employer -4
Page 2
Dates: 04/11 - 07/13 (2yrs 3mths)
Employer: Employer -5
You can claim both bachelor and diploma but if I were you, claiming the bachelor is more than enough (AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing) = 15 points.

For the working experience, you can claim it from after March 2004. 03/2004 - 11/2013 = 9 years = 15 points.

Reactions: roythomas

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks oraclrock , Can I claim 25 point for Education then ?
hello friend,

No, you can get the points for only one educational qualification. If you want to get points for bachelors degree, then 15 points will be awarded and for diploma, you will get 10 points. It is you who need to choose and needless to say that you will select bachelors degree only. In EOI, there is a column where you need to the highest qualification to which you would like to claim points for, so, in your case, obviously, bachelors degree must be the one that gives you 15 points.

For work experience, you will get 15 points as your work experience is 8 years+.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
3 Posts
ACS assessment for NOT closely related to your nominated ANZSCO code.

Hi Guys,

I am in same situation with BE (Electronics and Communication) fulltime degree. I have 7.6 year of experience. I applied for ACS assessment for ANZSCO 261312 (Developer Programmer) and got the response from ACS as below:

Your skills assessment has been assessed as NOT closely related to your nominated ANZSCO code.

The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for the following ANZSCO codes:
262113 (Systems Administrator); 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer)

Well I actually worked as developer for all my experience and same is reflected in my experience letters too and i cannot show the relevant experience for network engineer or system administrator. I think by comparing the transcript of my engineering (Electronics and Communications) ACS has recommended me the above ANZSCO code..

Can someone help me to understand, if i reject the recommendation of ACS and ask them to still finalise my current ANZSCO code (261312 (Developer Programmer)), will they give negative assessment saying I am not suitable for migration ? or will they just deduct 4 years(ICT major not closely related) or 6 years(ICT Minor not closely related) from my experience from starting.

Even if they deduct 6 years max, I am Ok with experience points for my latest 1 year in australia which will give me 5 points.

Please help me with guidance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts