Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am a 476 visa applicant. The state of my 476 visa application changed to "assessment in progress" 5 months ago, and since then I have received no email or state update from my CO. As far as I know, most 476 applicants get their visa granted in no more than 3 months, so I wonder if I am a special case? Am I supposed to phone or email my CO to confirm that my application isn't neglected? :confused2:
Welcome to share your experience or advises, thanks for your valuable time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your concern.
I lodged my application on 21st Jul, 2015 and uploaded all the documents required by my CO on 13th Aug, 2015. So my application has been assessed for about 8 months and I am still waiting. 2 weeks ago I emailed the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to ask about the state of my application, and they replied that they will process it as soon as possible but can not give me a timeframe.
So I guess right now the only thing I can do is waiting......

·
Registered
52 Posts
The standard processing time for 476 is 7 months. I have no idea why are they taking is so long to process your application.
I applied on 27, Nov 2015. CO got allocated to me on 12th feb, 2016. And since then my status is "Assessment in Progress". Waiting to hear from the authorities. I think this visa processing times are country specific. I applied from Pakistan.

Dont know when I'll hear their final answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I applied from China.
Actually, most of the 476 applicants I know get their visa granted in less than 4 months, so I think I am just a special case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, my application is still in assessment. An immigration agent told me that recently many 476 visa applications from china have a longer process period due to some policy changes in Australia. But she didn't give me the details of these policies, just told me to be patient and optimistic......
How about you?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same as you. My application is still in assessment. I emailed them twice but they dint reply me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No......The agent said it has a bigger chance to be refused if a visa application exceeds the regular processing time. I've asked an immigration lawyer to inquire about the state of my application and he has no feedback yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an individual local migration agent. But she said her lawyer has a special access to inquiring the state of visa application.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Then I would suggest you not to listen to that individual. Because some other individual from DIBP asked you to be patient and optimistic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your suggestion. She offered her help for free, so I think an additional information source does no harm. But I will be cautious.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts