Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had applied for MSA through Washington accord as I've studied in Carnegie Mellon. But I realized that my program (Masters in Civil and Env Engg.) is not accredited which seems really weird. Anyway, I got a rejection as expected and they asked me to apply for CDR. Now I want to know if they will charge me again for CDR or will they consider the same amount and i just have to fill the CDR report and send? Since this wasn't an assessment as such.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I had applied for MSA through Washington accord as I've studied in Carnegie Mellon. But I realized that my program (Masters in Civil and Env Engg.) is not accredited which seems really weird. Anyway, I got a rejection as expected and they asked me to apply for CDR. Now I want to know if they will charge me again for CDR or will they consider the same amount and i just have to fill the CDR report and send? Since this wasn't an assessment as such.
Did you try asking same question to them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I have applied engineers Australia for professional electrical engineer on 5.09.2017 and received feedback stating,

"The three career episodes you have presented do not support an assessment outcome as a Professional Electrical Engineer as are weak, with very little detail of design activities, not written at a professional engineer level and provide insufficient detail of the electrical engineering work (dealing with high voltage and large current) personally undertaken by you.
You needed to demonstrate the application of electrical engineering knowledge and skills in your chosen career episodes, but you have not demonstrated the competency elements of:
- PE2.1 Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving.
- PE2.2 Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources.
- PE2.3 Application of systematic engineering synthesis and design processes."

Assessor outcome:
This is a courtesy message to inform that the assessment outcome is Engineering Technologist (ANZSCO No 233914).

My concerns are,

1. What reply, I should give. Shall I resubmit my career episode and summary statement?
2.If they give certificate as engineering technologist, I cannot claim 60 points (for Electrical engineers-60 points)
3. Will it affect my job opportunities in future?

I am really feeling terrible. Kindly suggest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts