Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello expats

i'm steve from India, i want to studay MS (computer networks) in Aus.can anyone help me with this..i would like to know the scopes of IT there.i have 3 yrs of exp in computer networks,now i want to study MS..plz answer some of my queries

1)can i do part time job to earn some money(is it easy to get one)
2)can i apply for post study work visa after completion of 2 yrs full time course??

thanks and regards.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hello expats

i'm steve from India, i want to studay MS (computer networks) in Aus.can anyone help me with this..i would like to know the scopes of IT there.i have 3 yrs of exp in computer networks,now i want to study MS..plz answer some of my queries

1)can i do part time job to earn some money(is it easy to get one)
2)can i apply for post study work visa after completion of 2 yrs full time course??

thanks and regards.
Hi Steve....

IT sector is really good in Australia .....

1)Yes you work part time while studying in Aus
2)PSW is applicable if you do Masters for 2 years. you can stay back for 2 more years

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve....

IT sector is really good in Australia .....

1)Yes you work part time while studying in Aus
2)PSW is applicable if you do Masters for 2 years. you can stay back for 2 more years

thanks..can u pm..need to ask some info..i dont see any private msg icon here..trust me i need to ask info about education only..thanks in advance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nanshri said:
i will be happy to answer your questions here itself .... might be of use for others too :):)
Nanshri excellent answer. The main purpose of these forums is for people to benefit. Constant "pm"ing removes valuable answers from the public.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will be happy to answer your questions here itself .... might be of use for others too :):)
okies..all i wanted to know in pm was about part time jobs( i heard that its hard to find part time jobs).can u provide me some links where i can find all the info related to part time jobs(like working hours limit,pay per hour)..

·
Registered
160 Posts
40 hr/fortnight

okies..all i wanted to know in pm was about part time jobs( i heard that its hard to find part time jobs).can u provide me some links where i can find all the info related to part time jobs(like working hours limit,pay per hour)..

If i am not mistaken, its 40Hr per fortnight when your semester in progress, full time during semester breaks. You partner can work full time. assuming you r applying 573/4 MS by Coursework/Research

·
Registered
114 Posts

Have a look at follOwing websites to get an idea gumtree.com.au or seek.com.au
Well pay depends on if your looking at related or not related to field of study

·
Registered
114 Posts
If i am not mistaken, its 40Hr per fortnight when your semester in progress, full time during semester breaks. You partner can work full time. assuming you r applying 573/4 MS by Coursework/Research
Yes that's right for course work .... Research stay back option is diff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes that's right for course work .... Research stay back option is diff
is there any chance of getting reject if i apply for PSW(if i get job in a good company during my PSW can i change to job visa (or ) i need to apply for PR)??

how about the per hour rate in odd jobs(like waiter, helper,driver)..??

·
Registered
114 Posts
is there any chance of getting reject if i apply for PSW(if i get job in a good company during my PSW can i change to job visa (or ) i need to apply for PR)??

how about the per hour rate in odd jobs(like waiter, helper,driver)..??
well PSW eligibility requirements are mentioned in this

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-post-study-work.pdf

with regards to odd jobs it depends check out gumtree.com.au or uni career website some uni's list part time jobs it can vary from 12$ onwards per hour

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.