Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi me and my family will be moving to france early next year ( hopefully) fingers crossed ) i was just wondering if its easy to get into a band in france as my son is a musican ! any ideas please many thanks fleur :)

·
Administrator
49,393 Posts
It can depend on how old your son is and where in France you'll be located. There are pretty strict work rules that discourage kids from working until they are at least 18, and the school system doesn't really leave students much time for activities like bands.

There are, however, local music schools that offer lessons in everything from guitar to drums to harp or cello. Lessons are mostly on Wednesdays (when school isn't in session) and I've heard great things about these music schools.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi me and my family will be moving to france early next year ( hopefully) fingers crossed ) i was just wondering if its easy to get into a band in france as my son is a musican ! any ideas please many thanks fleur :)
Providing your son is old enough and good enough, there are a lot of restaurants and bars that now employ singers/bands for evening entertainment during the summer months if you will be in an area that attracts tourism:music:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.